iPod Video and scratching

Associate
OP
Associate
OP
BUSH said:
i'm incredibly careful with my stuff, and nearly everything i own is in mint condition. But the ipod just scratches so easily, I 've basically given up. Its always in its case now, so you can't see the scratches, and I won't sell it on when I upgrade to a new version, I'll just probably keep it as a portable HD

My sentiments exactly, it just took me a little time to get to the giving up stage. Hopefully the iSkin will do its' job, but I'll be trying the radtech case when it arrives as well.

Man of Honour
stu.artd said:
That's making it a little difficult, ;) but I got mine for £22.42 delivered from somewhere not too different from part of your username backwards.

Other places that I don't believe to be competitors are http://www.mp3essentials.co.uk/mp3store/index.php?cPath=17_79
http://www.eoutlet.co.uk/productslist.aspx?CategoryID=29&PID=3

thanks mate. Are these generally considered some of the best skins then? i see a lot of people mentioning them here, but there are sooooo many ipod skins out there to get!! :)

Associate
Probably the best Silicone type skin. As such, there are other types such as leather and acrylic/plastic cases available which you might prefer, as I've found out.

Associate
OP
The Evo3 seems to be well liked, but it really does add to the thickness of the iPod. I had to cut my Evo3 around the earphone connector hole as the A/V lead wouldn't connect in properly due to the thickness of the silicone and the hole not being wide enough for the base of the connector. The case does seem to protect the iPod and screen very well, but the added thickness means I have to take it out of the case to use it with my Logic 3 iPod speakers. The Radtech case I have on its way looks really thin, and I'm hoping it'll be the one I end up using. I also like the look of the zCovers, but wasn't convinced regarding screen protection with them.

I'm not convinced about the hard plastic cases as they seem to have a rear panel that clips around the side and onto the front of the iPod. I've just got an Xtreme Mac case and I'm slightly concerned about long term damage to the iPod from using it so may just sell it on without even putting the iPod in it.

Soldato
i've got an evo3 case and in all honesty i don't think i'd buy one again. Its an excellent case, but I spend a lot of time slipping my ipod into my trouser pockets and the silicone has a slightly sticky/tacky feel to it which i find a annoying when trying to get it in or out of pockets on jeans, as it sticks to the lining of my pockets a bit. Putting it in trouser pockets I also finds moves the screen protector around quite a bit.

Man of Honour
mmn, i think i'd be more interested in a very thin case, since after all, the thinness of the ipod is a good feature and you want to be able to show that off :)

Associate
OP
The Radtech case arrived this morning from the USA, pretty quick as it was ordered on Monday night. It's made from soft cloth (optrex) with a built in flexible plastic window over the screen position. The bottom has an opening for the dock connector, I got a plastic/silicone cover for the dock connector. There is no top to the case, so it's totally open. The iPod slides in easily and the case is very thin, although not thin enough for the iPod to dock with the Logic 3 i-Speakers, as the iPod is easilly slid from the case that's not a big deal for me though. I think I'll be using this case more than the Evo3 as the iPod is easilly removable, yet remains accessible and protected within the case.

Back
Top Bottom