iRacing

Soldato
How's it going getting setup?

Did a second GT4 race, still not quick but did the full race with 0x, some really good racing again, gotta say I've been pleasantly surprised by the quality of racing so far... Sure that could change quickly though :p

Then did a Skippy race this afternoon, been feeling really good around Okayama, decently quick as well as consistent/minimal 1x's, so entered the race and saw I was ranked 19th, top split with some proper quick drivers... Thanks to various crashes etc, and me keeping it clean (1x when trying 100% to keep with someone just that little bit quicker than me), I ended up 7th :cool: best result (points wise) for a very long time, kinda shocked :D

So then I looked at the tracks for next week, Road Atlanta in the Skippies should be good fun, Had a good race at Lanier in the Late Model last season so probably do that, But Lime Rock Park for the GT4! Who thought that was a good idea :eek:

Soldato
I was a one car AMG man, then switched to the Macca and have been running the Lambo in league, special events and the odd official. Took me a while to get my best out of the car, but it's good fun to drive.

Sebring this week? Anyone doing it? I'm going to be boring and take the lambo again so I have to do less practice lol

Soldato
I was a one car AMG man, then switched to the Macca and have been running the Lambo in league, special events and the odd official. Took me a while to get my best out of the car, but it's good fun to drive.

Sebring this week? Anyone doing it? I'm going to be boring and take the lambo again so I have to do less practice lol

I'm doing it, think I'm doing the 12hr there also on Saturday. Lambo will be very strong around Sebring I think.

Man of Honour
A group of friends have set up an iRacing series and we race every Wednesday. I am late to the party but built my rig and first outing his this week, Road America F3. Some very quick racers, some average racers.......and then me. :p Over 20 cars per race is typical.

Man of Honour
Anyone running a cube controls omp wheel have issues with the paddle locking on?

I have found, when on wireless, the left paddle can lock on meaning I have to plug in the curly cable to the wheel to get it to function again. If I go into properties for the device it does show the button as depressed even when it isn't. Leaving the curly cable plugged in seems to resolve, but wondered if anyone has seen this?

Cob

Cob

Soldato
Finally got my A license after a week of GT3 racing in the fixed and VRS Sprints. Gained more SR and IR in 7 days in the Maclaren than in the previous full season in F3.

Soldato
Anyone running a cube controls omp wheel have issues with the paddle locking on?

I have found, when on wireless, the left paddle can lock on meaning I have to plug in the curly cable to the wheel to get it to function again. If I go into properties for the device it does show the button as depressed even when it isn't. Leaving the curly cable plugged in seems to resolve, but wondered if anyone has seen this?
Sounds like it could be electro magnetic interference. Check the ground cable on your servo is connected properly.

Associate
I really suck! I cannot drive consistently at all!

All the cars are super unstable for me. I cannot do more than a few laps without losing the rear under braking or downshifting.

I've moved brake bias forward, im blipping throttle on the down shift, nothing is helping. im not even trying to go fast, im no where near 100%

I did a race in the fixed GT3 with the McLaren and I just cant downshift as fast as everyone else (going by the replays) 8inc and last of the runners.

I just drove round on my own, wasn't very fun tbh

Soldato
I really suck! I cannot drive consistently at all!

All the cars are super unstable for me. I cannot do more than a few laps without losing the rear under braking or downshifting.

I've moved brake bias forward, im blipping throttle on the down shift, nothing is helping. im not even trying to go fast, im no where near 100%

I did a race in the fixed GT3 with the McLaren and I just cant downshift as fast as everyone else (going by the replays) 8inc and last of the runners.

I just drove round on my own, wasn't very fun tbh

Only thing I can think of is cold tyres? Especially compared to ages ago most cars seem to be various levels of sketchy on the first lap or two.

I think with the likes of the GT3 downshifting needs to be done kinda 'late', the gearbox just won't let you shift like you can in other cars, but if you leave the first downshift for a bit you can then go down fairly quickly.

Associate
Had another race in the GT3. faired a lot better. 1 inc and 12th with a no.11 car. I'm fairly happy with that as i'm massively over ranked.

Leaving the throttle on 15% while braking fixed almost everything.

I watch the replay of 1st placed, ovbs very good (8000+ ir) is there a way of watching his input? or a telemetry app?

Soldato
Good to hear :)

As far as I know the only way to see inputs is to have the replay recorded/saved by them... Not sure what the telemetry can get from replays, or even live...

Back
Top Bottom