1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Iran goes Nazi

Discussion in 'Speaker's Corner' started by robmiller, 19 May 2006.

1. robmiller

Capodecina

This is a strange one:

Link

2. anarchist

PermaBanned

It says "human rights groups are raising alarms" but I can't find anything about it on the net, except referring to the badge wearing of jews in the middle ages.

3. @if ®afiq

Soldato

Those also a nice little bit in there from an exile - nothing like a bit of impartiality!

4. WushuMaster

Hitman

Good point

But if this is true then it would certainly not be an islamic law, there is nothing that states such measures should be taken. Non muslims aren't stupid, they know the islamic law that exists there and should abide by them already. I'm not sure what this is meant to achieve.

5. @if ®afiq

Soldato

Talking about law, I see nothing major has been made of the law in Israel banning Jews from marrying Palestinians - this is actual factual news and a law that has just recently been ratified? by the Supreme Court in Israel.

If you want to talk about Nazism, then talk about Israel and it's state-sponsored racism and ethnic cleansing.

6. robmiller

Capodecina

How can you possibly turn a thread about an Iranian discriminatory policy into Israeli-bashing? Make a new thread.

7. Van_Dammesque

Wise Guy

Indeed!

Questioning the source is fine but surely the embassy when questioned would definetly deny these allegations?

Another reason not to give Iranians nukes! Imagine if Hitler had nukes in WW2!!!

8. @if ®afiq

Soldato

How is it Israel-bashing? That is the law in the country?:confused: Or is any comment on Israel now considered to be bashing/anti-semitic?

I thought the two are vaguely related.

On the one hand you have an unfounded story of how Iranians are the new Nazis, discrimintaing against Jews. However, rather ironically, the Israeli courts have just passed a law that does discriminate against Palestinians....

....But I won't mention Isarel anymore in this thread.

9. Etaqua

Gangster

Israel is, tbh, worse. @if @fiq was simply pointing out that Iran is not the only country that has Nazi-like laws. He's allowed to draw connections between Nazi-like laws in this thread.

That wasn't Israel bashing.

10. robmiller

Capodecina

Good.

11. Spie

Godfather

Does Israel insist non-Jews wear a special badge or clothing? No.

I still find the prospect of Iran doing this hard to believe, but if it happens it will cause massive issues.

12. Van_Dammesque

Wise Guy

Israel comments are not needed because we are talking about Iran. The comments you did make about Israel had no reference to the Iranians or you didn't relate it to the OP topic and thus didn't contribute to the thread, that is what is being seen as bashing.

I think you are confusing two issues: Iranians are discriminating against ALL NON-MUSLIMS (not just Jews) and the practices employed by Israel that discriminate against Palestine are NOT religious (nationalist maybe, i.e can marry a muslim, say from Turkey?).

The Nazi connection was made because of the symbols that have/had to be worn.

13. Etaqua

Gangster

Did you even read the site @if posted?

14. Van_Dammesque

Wise Guy

No, but I have now:
    This reads to me that non-palestinians can marry Israelis?

Last edited: 19 May 2006
  15. Etaqua

Gangster

Pretty much. But no Palestinian is allowed to marry an Israeli and live in the same house. Ring any bells of Nazi Germany?

Palestinians are to Israel like Jews are to Nazi Germany. The above explains why. (Yes, I realise that Hitler killed millions of innocent Jews, but isn't Israel killing hundreds of innocent Palestinians?).

16. Van_Dammesque

Wise Guy

Non-Muslims are to Iran like Jews are to Nazi Germany.
    This what the topic was about but @if took it off course.
    (What I'm saying is that the Israeli link posted by @if is worthy of a thread in itself.)

17. robmiller

Capodecina

I'm ordinarily fairly pro-Palestine, but comparing the amount of Palestinians killed by Israel to the holocaust is ridiculous.

18. Etaqua

Gangster

I'm not saying that was the same, I'm just showing that both reigiemes have similarities.

19. SexyGreyFox

Man of Honour

I very nearly posted this myself this morning but very quickly found out it was fake.

20. Van_Dammesque

Wise Guy

Well that makes me happier, it would only lead to serious problems.