1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is anyone interested in helping me develop a gaming website?

Discussion in 'Console Games & Hardware' started by DailyGeek, 25 May 2006.

1. DailyGeek

Mobster

I'm thinking about starting a decent Gaming site. Multiformat/Retro/PC - everything covered.

However to do this, I need a bunch of decent people who are willing to put some time and effort into such a project. Its strictly non profit but participating in these things can lead you anywhere.

If you'd like to be a part of this, or want to past comment, bang out a post and we'll see what we can come up with :)

Who knows, maybe we could rival Eurogamer or IGN :D

2. Maniac618

Wise Guy

You could aim the site at a specific age group or just make it for grumpy gamers.

If you did that then I'd happily write really grumpy reviews for games. :)

3. Windle

Capodecina

I'd be happy to review some games, or at least make sarcastic comments under other peoples reviews :)

4. tom_e

Man of Honour

il review if u'l supply ;)

5. Conrad11

Soldato

Ill help mate with the reviews, I should also be able to help with the actual site.
    I have skills in HTML, CSS, PHP, Photoshop (but some are limited)

6. DailyGeek

Mobster

Well, its something I have attempted when I was younger and did ok. Had an interview to write for PC Zone last year but alas didn't get it.

I figured there is a lot of passionate gamers on here who would like to be part of such a thing.

And of course clever programmer/graphics people too :p

7. da_mic_1530

Sgarrista

maybe intregrate it within TSG's the reviewer site? with his permission of course, may as well have all OCUK stuff under one roof (even though it aint on the forum)

8. DailyGeek

Mobster

I get a lot of industry information from MCV so we can set up an RSS feed for news headlines :)

9. punky_munky

Mobster

For my dissertation project I'll be developing a gamers site. It's more to with social networking and all the content will be user contributed. The idea is that each user has a profile that they enter their collection into. They can then submit reviews for those games and others. The system will then reccomend games that they may enjoy. Sorry for the rubbish description, I'm holding a conversation as I type.

Anyways, unless you're dead set on doing the development yourself and can wait a little while I'll need some beta testers and maybe some moderators.

10. Weebull

Capodecina

I'd be up for it. Fraid I know next to nothing about website writing despite being a programmer myself though. Hoping to go in to games development and I like to think I'm a decent writer. Doesn't neccesarily just have to be reviews as I enjoy a good discussion about games in general. :)

11. Mattw

Gangster

i used to do some work for a nintendo site, got games from developers for review etc, i still have logins to press/media sites etc

12. DailyGeek

Mobster

Well, I'm happy to co-ordinate this. If anyone has something they see themselves specifically bringing to the project thats fine. Drop me an email at sjudge120@yahoo.com.

I'd like to edit and contribute features and reviews, I'll get a domain and host sorted sometime over the weekend.

Please keep ideas coming :)

Sean.

13. Thesnipergecko

Soldato

How about joining up with me?

http://www.the-reviewer.co.uk

MSN's in Trust.

Paul ...

14. AtomicBanana

Wise Guy

Heh, I'm actually slowly working on something like that myself ;)

Anyway, for anyone here - I'm up for doing reviews - I used to do it a fair bit, mostly for my own benefit haha. Of course supply would be awesome, but I tend to buy and/or play pretty much everything that comes out over most formats so I think I could be of help :)

EDIT:

I still don't understand how this trust thing works - I'll read up when I'm not so very tired - dee_jay_ab@hotmail.com :)

Last edited: 26 May 2006
  15. 4T5

Man of Honour

I am always happy to contribute to decent sites.
    The only trouble is that the pro active people who put plenty in are usually critisized for being over bearing. This gives me the hump and i usually back away and let them get on with it.

16. AtomicBanana

Wise Guy

I see ya added me to msn... I'll talk when I can see straight :D

17. Davey_Pitch

Man of Honour

I'm happy to help with reviews, I've done quite a few in the past so I think I'm getting pretty decent at them now.

18. Thesnipergecko

Soldato

Dont wanna steal anyone away, but whats wrong with the site ive done?

Signups are free and easy, and its easy to submit reviews :p

Paul ...

19. Haly

Woman of Honour

I'd never heard of it before this thread so I'm guessing bad marketing? :p

I'd be interested in the project :)

20. DailyGeek

Mobster

Well thanks for all the interest so far people.

What would everyone like to cover? I'll take some retro and nintendo ;)