1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

is BC2 still under maintenance?

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by marc512, 15 Mar 2010.

1. marc512

Wise Guy

For 3 days i havnt been able to connect to EA on BFBC2...iv asked numerous times on the official thread but no response.

Sometimes i can log in but my stats turn down to nothing.

I entered ONE game last night but i got kicked because i got the "error connecting to server" error...

is BC2 still under maintenance ? i heard it was ment to be off all saturday and sunday but...everyone on forums still said they could play...

2. OpenToSuggestions

Capodecina

I still have intermittent issues like you but I can get on most of the time.
    I have not played it today, but there has been no update so far.

3. neverender

Wise Guy

Been fine 90% of the weekend, bar some morning maintaince on.... Friday(?) There is a well documented issue that when connecting to (random?) servers the game will simply fail to connect and drop you back to the Server Browsers, but this only seems to effect a small number of servers at a time and is very random. It shouldn't stop you from connecting to all servers.
    Problem is likely to be your end. Make sure you've run the Auto-patcher (BFBC2Updater.exe) and updated Punkbuster manually from Evenbalance.com. Might wanna check your firewall and ports too.

4. marc512

Wise Guy

Everything all fine. Ports and PB all up to date. I cant seem to find BFBC2Updater.exe but i dont think thats the problem

Iv been watching there official blog and twitter feed but nothing to notify any maintenance.

5. mit1

Gangster

I have been playing most of the weekend with very few problems, BFBC2Updater.exe is in your installation folder EG: C drive/EA/BFBC2 and so on, hope that helps.

6. marc512

Wise Guy

not for me :( i bought the game on steam, even tried steam folder

7. Evilsod

Capodecina

Sure your firewall isn't blocking it or something?

8. marc512

Wise Guy

nope :D cause i just got a game there but got kicked cause i lost connection to EA