Is CDkey legit?

Soldato
The keys are legit in as much as they work fine, but they are didn't in sad much as how they are basically credit card fraud. People are money laundering through these sites

Have you actually got any evidence of that?

It's a retailer at the end of the day, not a market place like G2A.

Associate
Have you actually got any evidence of that?

It's a retailer at the end of the day, not a market place like G2A.

Ah, I lumped then in with the likes of G2A & Kinguin, which isn't quite right, as you point out.

However, exactly where CDKeys get their keys from in the first place is still somewhat of a mystery.

Soldato
Ah, I lumped then in with the likes of G2A & Kinguin, which isn't quite right, as you point out.

However, exactly where CDKeys get their keys from in the first place is still somewhat of a mystery.

It's really not, most of the games I have bought from them are physical copies from other regions as evidence by the scan of the key code they send you.

Man of Honour
The keys are legit in as much as they work fine, but they are didn't in sad much as how they are basically credit card fraud. People are money laundering through these sites

Some of them, yes. But not CDKeys. Different business model. The sites you're referring to are a marketplace in which people can sell keys. CDKeys isn't. They sell keys themselves. Different thing entirely and not open to credit card fraud and money laundering.

Soldato
Some of them, yes. But not CDKeys. Different business model. The sites you're referring to are a marketplace in which people can sell keys. CDKeys isn't. They sell keys themselves. Different thing entirely and not open to credit card fraud and money laundering.
Yeah it makes all the difference. They can't pass the blame in case of fraud so it would only take one case to bring the entire site down.

Associate
They really aren't. GMG source keys directly from developers, I remember one time GMG made the mistake of sourcing from other stores when they had more pre orders then they did keys, but this caused them a heap of issues. Even the reddit /r/GameDeals removed them until they proved where the rest of the keys came from (which they have now done).

This hasn't always been the case. AFAIK GMG has never been an authorised seller for Guild Wars 2 - ANet are incredibly picky about it and have a list on their site. Interestingly, they don't list it on their site, however I was fairly sure I had bought it from them, even though it doesn't show in my purchas history either, so I looked through my emails and found the email from them for it. This was before I know about ANet being picky with their resellers.
A bit unhappy they've removed it from my purchase history.

Soldato
Been looking at this site for Microsoft licenses and being so cheap there has got to be an issue. 2019 standard OEM is normally £600 ish, but they charge £14 for a digital license..????

Looking at I'm seeking to spin up a 2019 Std server hosted on an vSphere host or via QNAP virtual station

Soldato
Been looking at this site for Microsoft licenses and being so cheap there has got to be an issue. 2019 standard OEM is normally £600 ish, but they charge £14 for a digital license..????

Looking at I'm seeking to spin up a 2019 Std server hosted on an vSphere host or via QNAP virtual station

i have no proof but remember people moaning that the licences can stop working after a while and are not as reliable as buying from proper channels.
not a shock though, look at the price

Associate

Searching Windows on cdkeys.com only brought up W7 and W8 for me. There is another site that also has cdkeys in it's name, that iirc, I wouldn't trust.

Soldato

I only ever bought Win 10 Pro keys (not from CDKeys) and never had an issue with them. I think once they are activated they are activated. I must have bought 10 or so over the years last one in June. However, they do seem to be becoming harder to find.

Soldato
I somehow bought the same game twice from CDKeys. Told their CS team and was refunded one of the keys straight away, no quibble.

Back
Top Bottom