Is CDkey legit?

MGP

MGP

Soldato
cjs-cdkeys.com is what I'm looking at atm
Definitely a place to avoid. I've only just got my money back (over £40) by claiming through Paypal, a month later. They supplied a game key already redeemed and expected me to somehow prove when it had been redeemed by my contacting Microsoft. Their T&Cs clearly state they would check they key, and website boasts of replies to emails usually in minutes, certainly in 12 hours yet usual response was 2 days. When you read in depth their T&Cs they seem to claim they are some sort of middle man for the supplier, yet they don't want to tell you who the supplier is.

The give away for the cjs-cdkeys scam site is nowhere do they show a trading address (somewhere in Belize I believe), company registration details, and if you do lookup against the domain, absolutely every detail for registrants is hidden by "privacy" stuff.

Soldato
Nothing wrong with cjs-cdkeys.com. I've used them multiple times for games and software over the years. Keys arrive instantly and no problems using them across Steam or other platforms. :)

Associate
I think it's the nature of the key selling game. They are all inherently sketchy, ymmv
They may be sketchy behind the scenes but from an end user viewpoint I've never had a problem with the ones I've used. I've always paid via PayPal so any issues and I'd get the money back. Never had a problem though.

Associate
Ive lost track of the amount of codes I've bought from CDkeys.com and never had a single issue.

In the past ive been bummed by G2A, glad it was only a £3 key. But I have never used any of the others, I do see CJS-CDkeys show up but the website gives me early 2000's scam site vibes.

I wonder if the couple of people who reported the issues trying to buy multiple keys at once had the issue fixed? Ive never bought more than 1 key per transaction personally. But be nice to know if its something on CDkey's side stopping it or if its the banks

Soldato
Don't use G2A, it's a cesspit. CJS CDKeys is no better.

CDKeys, touchwood, only had one late key. The 16 other games I have came through very quick.

If you want official etailers with discounts:

Humble Bundle
Gamesplanet (Won DiRT 4 from them)
Green Man Gaming

Not sure where Voidu stands, only bought on there once.

Associate
CDKEYS....always used then without a single issue...a little tip.....when sites like epic/steam/gog...etc etc.....have massive sale markings down on games...don't hit that buy button without checking cdkeys....always seems like cdkeys is onto it & still sells cheaper!

Associate
I've bought a few things from CDKeys successfully, but had one bad experience with a key that was already redeemed; was a bit of a fight to get a refund, but did eventually get one after threatening to just dispute through paypal. I understand their perspective in that how do they know that I'm not trying to pull a fast one, but doesn't help when you're a legit customer not getting what you've payed for.
Fairly impossible to prove your position when a key has already been redeemed, too.

I tend to steer clear these days, not worth the potential hassle for saving a few quid.

Associate

CDKeys, touchwood, only had one late key. The 16 other games I have came through very quick.

If you want official etailers with discounts:

Humble Bundle
Gamesplanet (Won DiRT 4 from them)
Green Man Gaming

Not sure where Voidu stands, only bought on there once.
IIRC, generally anything on isthereanydeal.com is ok, or reddit r/gamedeals. You could also grab https://augmentedsteam.com/ if you fancy an extension for steam pages.

Associate
Used cdkeys for many years and had no problems. Even refunded me a xbox live subscription that I bought by mistake (wrong region). I was fully expecting a fight to get a refund, but they did it straight away.

Associate

Seconded, had a real nightmare with CJs as they had me jumping through hoops trying to prove that the key they sold me was already redeemed. They wanted all kinds of screenshots, pictures of ID etc and just kept asking for more and more until I raised a complaint through PayPal.

Never had a prob with CDKeys though.

Back
Top Bottom