1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Dismiss Notice

Is eyefinity any good for multiplayer games?

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by straxusii, 19 Feb 2010.

1. straxusii

Mobster

I'm wondering if you can use eyefinity in games like TF2, CS etc where in theory having a field of view angle of say 180 degrees gives you a massive benefit over someone with a FOV of 90.

I'm guessing most multiplayer games would cap the FOV as this is bordering on cheating?

2. reiyushin

Soldato

You can use it in MW2, the only game I've had a chance to play since I got my 3rd screen yesterday.

I'll check it out for you either tonight or tomorrow morning.

3. OrphanBoy

Hitman

4. reiyushin

Soldato

Lol what a joke... I'll cross that off my "to buy" list.

If a person has the ability to scan and utilize 3 screens then that is a testament to their skill and shouldn't be held against them.

I just got my setup running last night and I can say that it is an awesome experience but it requires a bit of getting used to, in order to take advantage of the extra FOV you've got to be so much more alert.

5. macca672

Mobster

6. Rroff

Man of Honour

MW2 locks FOV to 60 *spit* which is a joke - I upped it in COD4 to 80 or 85 or whatever and thats still not great but enough. I use 110 in everything I can.

7. AMG

Mobster

it can be used for that..... and it can be seen as a advantage, but it depends on the user and how wide their vision is

8. TBirdUK

Mobster

I played BF2 in triplescreen greatness but it didnt really help me be any better - too much screen=distraction, and the speed of the game meant that when I saw something out of the corner of my eye (which this effectively is what you get) I was dead before I could do anything about it!

The only time I see it could help is if I saw him (but would have missed it without the widescreen) but he didnt see me - that is very rare!

9. twist3d0n3

Capodecina

couldn't agree more - it's a real shock to get used to, but when you do it's epic!

i tried running 1 monitor last night... felt sooo restricted!

10. AMG

Mobster

its more suited to simulations to be honest

11. Rroff

Man of Honour

Yeah racing games and sims do really benefit... FPS games is a mixed bag... same story as 3D Vision I guess.