Is free delivery still a thing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Thank you, that is a great loyalty scheme.

It’s a load of c**p. I now have to force 100 posts of nonsense to get free shipping, meanwhile I’m not using the company.

I bought a mouse over Christmas with free shipping (not sure why it was free for that order), and went to order a sound card today but it’s £8 for shipping, so I guess I’ll spend the £100 elsewhere.

Soldato
It’s a load of ****. I now have to force 100 posts of nonsense to get free shipping, meanwhile I’m not using the company.

I bought a mouse over Christmas with free shipping (not sure why it was free for that order), and went to order a sound card today but it’s £8 for shipping, so I guess I’ll spend the £100 elsewhere.
Welcome to the forums you should fit right in.

Soldato
Buy where it is cheapest if you want to run the risk. OcUK have the best returns and customer service out of all them. Once you hit 100 posts, which is quite frankly easy if you get involved in discussion, it is an easy decision.

It's the same as why people might spend a touch more at John Lewis, which is did yesterday when buying a new iPad and phone.

Associate
Buy where it is cheapest if you want to run the risk. OcUK have the best returns and customer service out of all them. Once you hit 100 posts, which is quite frankly easy if you get involved in discussion, it is an easy decision.

It's the same as why people might spend a touch more at John Lewis, which is did yesterday when buying a new iPad and phone.

Just bought the latest iPad on Amazon for £254. I don’t doubt that OC have great service, but I know Amazon give returns/part refunds at the drop of a hat if things go wrong.

I wanted to buy my new Sound BlasterX AE-5 from OC, but when it’s the same price and I’ve met the criteria for free delivery from amazon, why should I be required to make 250 forum posts? It boggles my mind. OC have missed out on a sale.

I’ve probably commented 30-40 times on Facebook posts, and have ordered from OC for many years, but I’m penalised for not chatting on the forum? Frankly I don’t have enough to say! I’m sure I could achieve 100 posts simply saying hello to every new member, or criticising people with an opinion as Tony did.

I also reckon I could’ve dragged this speech over 3-4 messages and soon have free delivery. My point is that it’s pointless. If I need a forum, I’ll use one, I won’t use one for the sake of it.

Soldato
Maybe, but I am pretty sure they know their market better that you do. I believe that forum sales account for about 5% or something last time Gibbo mentioned it.

OcUK sell well enough anyway, the forum free postage is an old Spie thing, which is kindly still being honoured.

Just get involved, I joined the forum for some advice nearly 10 years ago and look what happened!

Soldato
Just bought the latest iPad on Amazon for £254. I don’t doubt that OC have great service, but I know Amazon give returns/part refunds at the drop of a hat if things go wrong.

I wanted to buy my new Sound BlasterX AE-5 from OC, but when it’s the same price and I’ve met the criteria for free delivery from amazon, why should I be required to make 250 forum posts? It boggles my mind. OC have missed out on a sale.

I’ve probably commented 30-40 times on Facebook posts, and have ordered from OC for many years, but I’m penalised for not chatting on the forum? Frankly I don’t have enough to say! I’m sure I could achieve 100 posts simply saying hello to every new member, or criticising people with an opinion as Tony did.

I also reckon I could’ve dragged this speech over 3-4 messages and soon have free delivery. My point is that it’s pointless. If I need a forum, I’ll use one, I won’t use one for the sake of it.
It really doesn't take long to rack up 250 posts if you are an elitist like the rest of us ;). Keep on moaning and you will get there pal

Soldato
Maybe, but I am pretty sure they know their market better that you do. I believe that forum sales account for about 5% or something last time Gibbo mentioned it.

OcUK sell well enough anyway, the forum free postage is an old Spie thing, which is kindly still being honoured.

Just get involved, I joined the forum for some advice nearly 10 years ago and look what happened!
You joined 30 days or so before me. ... Look at our post difference :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom