Is IE8 "complete", still having basic issues.

Man of Honour
For example, when on Facebook half of the buttons don't respond to clicking and certain links to things won't work. Like if someone invites you to one of those annoying applications and you have three button choices, you can click it but nothing seems to work behind it :/
I am just trying IE8 to see what it's like, I can't be knocking it without giving it a thorough go even though I love FF and will more than likely stick with that.

Soldato
Try viewing in compatiblity mode. The default standards mode could be incompatible with some sites. If it works in compatibility mode, then its facebook's fault.

Soldato
i run IE8 and facebook is fine here and its not runing in compatability mode,
when did you last try facebook? as it was updated last night and it has a new layout today when i just been on, so maybe they have fixed any problems people were having.
also dont run flash player 10, go back to running flash 9, as 10 has a fault that locks IE7\8 up

Associate
Something else that might fix your problems (if compatibility mode isn't doing the trick) would be to try running your Internet Explorer in 32-bit mode. According to Adobe, the Adobe Flash Player is not supported for playback in a 64-bit browser. You can run the Flash Player in a 32-bit version of Internet Explorer 8 RC1, and it might get things working for you.
If you need some help getting the 32-bit version open, let me know and I can walk you through it!
Thanks,
Cody
Internet Explorer Outreach Team

Back
Top Bottom