1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is it just me... *Bit-Tech*

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by luanswan2002, 5 Oct 2009.

1. luanswan2002

Banned

or are their reviews way too strict? They give really crappy scores to loads of good products. Either that or they are biased. Do you think they are fair?:confused::confused:

2. reflux

Capodecina

Example?

3. Mat

Capodecina

lolluanswan2002...??

4. luanswan2002

Banned

I've noticed they give a lot of motherboards around 70 percent whilst other reviewers give boards above 90 a lot of the time.

5. Sinque

Soldato

Well, depends whether the boards they review as 50% are 70% on the other websites for example.

6. luanswan2002

Banned

They also said the 5870 was disappointing ?

7. Knubje

Soldato

Whole new thread discussion with many varying opinions, but as I see it (not being one for new stuff the moment it is released) it is a bit considering the price and the actual benefit you get from it at this present time. Still, it's not been tested to full potential afaik.

8. LeJosh

Capodecina

I fear the can of worms has been opened. :(

Last edited: 5 Oct 2009
  9. Dark_Angel

Capodecina

Can. Worms. They are now everywhere. :(

10. agnes

Capodecina

Umm, every thought they have tough scoring, 70% to them could be really good, such as IMDB for me, anything above 6.5 is good...

Take it or leave it as you will, if you know the board has been praised else where by several other reviews, then why judge the board on one of many reviews?

Muppet.

ags

11. HarryPainful

PermaBanned

Who cares, most hardware sites are full of it anyway.

12. monkeyspank

Soldato

Bit-tech are IMO very balanced. First place I go to read up on stuff.

13. Knubje

Soldato

Ahahah, as I said new discussion needed and infact already in Graphics section of OcUK :)

Each to their own and all that jazz!

14. alex24

Capodecina

I find their reviews to be honest and pretty comprehensive, I wouldn't hesitate to buy something on their recommendation.

15. reflux

Capodecina

Yeah, I always find Bit-Tech and Custom PC (they are now in bed together) very informative and thorough. I'd rather they were harsh than gave carte blanche to every product that came through.

16. xJcBx

Wise Guy

Pick a different reviewer?
    I personally like to fish around and compare reviews before I buy anything. Custom PC is usually my first stop, as I find it quite reliable and informative :)

17. Meridian

Man of Honour

The obvious question with any review site is: where do they get their hardware from? If the manufacturer supplies it as a freebie then truly unbiased reviews are simply not going to happen. The pressure on the review site is an obvious one: like it, or never get another freebie. Even in these days, where the hardware is usually loaned rather than donated there is the time factor: the only way to get to review new hardware before/on release is to brown-nose. Many years ago I used to do hardware reviews for a now-defunct website, and mostly I bought the hardware myself or borrowed it from a friendly supplier (also now defunct - go figure, as they say) so I could say what I wanted. But on the rare occasions I got loan stuff from the manufacturer I was always aware that damning it could have repercussions.

The only way to get past this is to be SO influential that the manufacturers are scared of you, rather than the other way around.

M

18. Kainz

Capodecina

Bit-Tech are probably one of the fairest sites out, along with Trusted Reviews. Other sites are just too predictable with product reviews. There are only a few that maintain the truth.