Is it only me that finds this annoying?

Man of Honour
OP
some people dont like to waste money on beer , just like some poeple may not want a p reg nissan micra sport.

:)

My issue is more with the driving attributed to some of these people, and I didn't say that having a beer was the only option, just one of millions available.

Once more, I am (although its not overly clear in my first post I admit, but in the one I made later) saying that in my area at least, the people who hang around these car parks for hours on end, also happen to be the boy racers/chavs/etc that like to thrash around town centres and have zero care for other road users.

Maybe if you read the thread in future ;)

Man of Honour
OP
[TW]Fox;16383814 said:
To be honest they are less irritating than football fans :)

Very funny :)

Good to know that you are saying that people speeding/driving badly around towns aren't a problem to you? Thought you were better than that.

Man of Honour
No, I'm saying people parked up in carparks chatting are not a problem to me.

I don't like people who like football though, after all, they all go around shouting, being violant and generally being casually racist simpletons with flags stuck to cars etc.

Right?

Man of Honour
OP
[TW]Fox;16383832 said:
No, I'm saying people parked up in carparks chatting are not a problem to me.

I don't like people who like football though, after all, they all go around shouting, being violant and generally being casually racist simpletons with flags stuck to cars etc.

Right?

Some of them do, but you would be foolish to assume that all of them do.

Just like I have said above, the few give the many a bad name and locally (I can surely only speak from what I have experienced) and some of the people here that hang around, aren't the ones you want driving at all.

Obviously there's no point discussing anything here unless its BMW related, so I'll stay in the Sport forum and GD, rife with racial hatred.

Soldato
If it upsets you so much, maybe you should consider getting in touch with your local council and suggesting that they provide a safe area away from the public to have these meets?

At the end of the day you aren't going to stop these people from doing this sort of stuff. We as a country are very into our cars, and this is just the younger generation's way of experssing their love. Whilst it isn't anything that really appeals to me, I can certainly understand - I mean who doesn't get a warm fussy feeling when you speak to someone is genuinely interested in your car? :)

I sometimes wonder if people would still complain if they weren't in modified shopping trolleys - I remember we had a load of american muscle pull through the local city centre one weekend evening, doing burnouts, bouncing off limiters and generally being penises (from a safety point of view). But because all of this noise and smoke was coming from the Whos Who of Muscle cars for the past 5 decades random joes on the street stopped, stared and cheered. I'm sure if the smoke had been coming from Baz's 1.0 Corsa Comfort there would have been an entirely different reaction...

Caporegime
its not like anybody on here would choose to meet at an unclassly place like a tesco carpark or a motorway service station is it ? nooooooo not us.

OP get over yourself. If they're just sat chatting then they're not doing anybody any harm. We do far worse at the OcUK meets (Tim and his VTEC yo! civic VTI must be one of the most anti social cars to turn up to a meet :D that and the dodge charger) so you wont find any sympathy here.

Man of Honour
OP
its not like anybody on here would choose to meet at an unclassly place like a tesco carpark or a motorway service station is it ? nooooooo not us.

OP get over yourself. If they're just sat chatting then they're not doing anybody any harm. We do far worse at the OcUK meets (Tim and his VTEC yo! civic VTI must be one of the most anti social cars to turn up to a meet :D that and the dodge charger) so you wont find any sympathy here.

I'm not looking for sympathy, and I have said sorry if I offended anyone, which was not my intention.

As you obviously are only reading my first post and not the thread as it played out, you must have missed the vast majority of my points.

If you think that driving around a car park at 40mph when there are people and children walking around, and subsequently leaving piles of litter wherever you "chat" is fine, then I'm not remotely interested in anything you have to say about motoring. :)

Soldato

*ahem* Civic Type-R.

Caporegime
oh yeah and that

and the e39 530 sport that ended up in a ditch ... and the mx5 that got drove into a wall, and the renaultsport clio that got drove into a lamp post

we're a well behaved lot. Honest :D

Man of Honour
OP
[TW]Fox;16383940 said:
Yet you assume everyone who meets in carparks is a chav? Double standards?

Where did THAT come from?! :confused:

Where did I say everyone that meets in car parks is a chav?

I'm just a bit frustrated that so many people have read the first post and not the ones I made after, but it does seem that the motors forum (which is largely controlled by you) seems to have some odd attitudes.

I was just expressing an opinion with this thread, I may well be wrong, but I can only judge from what I have experienced.

Man of Honour
OP
i genuinely laughed out loud at that

What I meant by it was that he's the main poster and has a lot of "fanboys".

I don't want to make an enemy of everyone and this thread has obviously made it seem as if I hate everyone who likes cars (I do like them a lot myself).

So nevermind eh :(

Man of Honour
OP
Fox ? fan boys ? your talking about the same guy who gets a 10 page ribbing every time he posts about the state of the interior of his car right ?

Yes, there might not be many people who like him, but those that do are seemingly good at making themselves known.

Anyway, I don't dislike Fox at all, or you for that matter and I've obviously posted a thread with a badly worded OP (to a handful of people) and if you would rather think I was an idiot, so be it.

Back
Top Bottom