1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is it possible to claim tax disk back at the post office with your V5?

Discussion in 'Motors' started by West, 15 Aug 2006.

  1. West


    Joined: 22 Dec 2004

    Posts: 9,100

    Location: Rugeley, Staffs

    Anyone? Need a quick answer!!
  2. subxero


    Joined: 13 Feb 2003

    Posts: 4,353

    Location: Over the Moon

    Don't think so dude :(
    Pretty sure you send it away and then they send you a nice cheque about 3 weeks later, this is what happened to me last year anyway :(
  3. ShakenNstirred


    Joined: 5 Jun 2003

    Posts: 8,854

    Location: sawley/ long eaton

    nope, you need to send it off and they only give you money back on full months left on the tax disk
  4. Bill101


    Joined: 18 Oct 2002

    Posts: 5,550

    Location: Liverpool

    no but, you have to go to the (main) post office for the form to fill in and stick the old disc to, they frown upon you using a stapler for this task :D
  5. bam0


    Joined: 28 Oct 2002

    Posts: 5,014

    I did this literally a couple of weeks ago, you can get the form from the post office but you can't hand it in there. You have to either send it to the DVLA or take it to your nearest DVLA local office.