1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is it possible to have a RGB (fans) case connected with a MSI B450 Tomahawk MAX?

Discussion in 'Motherboards' started by PatStick, 13 Apr 2020.

1. PatStick

Associate

I was planning to built a new system by myself and i had a question about RGB. I have chose the sharkoon tg4 as my case and i wonder if the rgb fans in that case can be connected to the Msi B450 Tamahawk Max motherboard. Here are my other specs:
    • Ryzen 7 3700x
    • Gigabite rx 5700 xt
    • Msi B450 Tomahawk MAX
    • G.Skill Ripjaws 16gb 3600 mhz
    • Sharkoon tg4 RGB
    • m.2 intel 660p 500gb (great price for a ssd)
    • 1TB hdd for school stuf and business
    • Seasonic Core Gold GM 650

2. Minibiker

Soldato

The board has 2x 4 pin RGB connections then you can control it from MSI Mystic Lighting

3. PatStick

Associate

yes, but there are 4 fans

4. Minibiker

Soldato

Get some Fan splitter cables, that's how I've done mine

5. PatStick

Associate

But the sharkoon TG4 has a hud builded into the case. So i need 1 rgb connector to run all 4 fans. Is that true?[​IMG]It seems like the hud is the same for the NIGHT SHARK. I guess.

6. orbitalwalsh

Capodecina

would get corsair with MSI To Corsair Lead- then it can all be controlled either by Corsair or MSI software :)
    Prefer Corsair to Shark imo

7. PatStick

Associate

But there is a hud in the case. Why do i have to pay for other fans and a hud when the case has 4 fans and a builded in hud. I know that corsair has realy good fans but it is doubt wen you but a case that has already fans pre installed. You know what i mean? I want to save more money on the case.

8. Dying_Snail

Associate

I don't think you'll be able to connect it to your motherboard going by that picture as the tomahawk max only supports 12v 4pin rgb and not 5v 3pin argb sadly.