Is it possible to unlock the Legion 5 AMD RTX 2060 90W?

Associate
I recently ordered this: https://www.overclockers.co.uk/leno...hz-ryzen-7-4800h-gaming-laptop-lt-01e-lv.html

And was really excited for finally getting this version of Legion 5 with a 2060 after months of waiting. But i digged around some threads and forums and turns out the 17 inch model's GPU is capped at 90W instead of 115W like the 5P and normal AMD 15 inch one.

Now i just feel robbed and I'm seriously considering returning it since this is really lacking specially when i intended to use this for gaming mostly. But since apparently the AMD version of these is using the new 2060 chip, I was wondering if it is realistic to be able to unlock it and get the full 115W.

I'm not really tech savvy so wouldn't know how, but if there's a way of doing so without bricking my laptop, that would be great. If not I guess i'm getting a refund.

Associate
I got the 15" version of this for £350 less, granted its got 8gb ram which i upgraded with an identical stick for £36, looking at the another 1tb nvme ssd drive for around £130, thats a big mark up for a 17" screen and the 90w 2060. Id send it back and look around.

Back
Top Bottom