Is It Possible...

Soldato
To overclock a Microstar 6340 microATX mobo with an AMD 1700+ Palomino Socket A CPU, and if so how would I go about it, as there does not appear to be anyway to lock AGP/PCI frequency? I am not familiar with AMD systems, as my own is an Intel based machine, so any help would be much appreciated.

Many thanks for your suggestions.

Here are some CPU-Z images with specs mobo, Ram, CPU etc.

CPUZ1.jpg

CPUZ2.jpg

CPUZ3.jpg

CPUZ4.jpg

CPUZ5.jpg

Soldato
If you can't be sure that its got locks, even a 2mhz frequency increase will probably corrupt your harddisk. I found out the hard way on an old board with no locks... thankfully it had no critical data on it.

Soldato
OP
senorstealth wrote:

what on earth are you doing with a Palomino!?

Actually, it is not mine :p

Somebody asked me if it was OCable, so rather than say "Yes" without knowing for sure I thought it best to ask. I had reckoned without the ability to lock the AGP/PCI frequency it was a no go.

Joe42 wrote:

even a 2mhz frequency increase will probably corrupt your harddisk

Just as I thought.

axe wrote:

im sure you can get 2mhz easy

Even 2Mhz would be an "OC" :p

Thank you all for your helpful and witty comments. :D

Soldato
I didn't have too many problems with my PCI bus at 40.75mhz on my KR7A (163Mhz FSB). It was just my network card that didn't work. I got my MP1900 to about 1700-1750Mhz rofl, it wasn't a great chip. Bumping the FSB up and the multiplier down gave great performance improvements. I couldn't quite get to 166mhz FSB, probably needed new RAM. Ahhh, I can't wait to get OCing again :D

Wise Guy
Soldato
Sounds a bit like me with my XP1600 and my Asus KT400 mobbo.

Sure, i was the first around these parts to hit 200fsb (1900mhz from the old pally), but i have the dead hard drive to proove it, and that was when 20gb drives were expensive :eek: :D

Back
Top Bottom