is it still worth to upgrade my PC from 2012 bought in your online shop??

Ese

Ese

Associate
hi,
can you please tell me if i can send you my PC and you guys will be able to switch parts and upgrade for me for extra cost, only PC station ???

INtel i5 - 2500K
mobo - asrock z77 extreme4
ram - 4 x 4GB
GPU - 2 x GTX 660 TI SLI
2 x disk drives (60GB for windows + 500GB for programs)
OCZ Z series 750W

and how much this will cost me???

PRIORITY is to play in PUBG on high details

Ese

Ese

Associate
OP
could you please recommend me best card for my mobo ?

or should I go for SLI again ?

Last edited:
Soldato
could you please recommend me best card for my mobo ?

or should I go for SLI again ?

Sli is not really worth it these days.

Whats you Budget?

GTX 1080 Ti is pretty much the best gaming card out there from Nvidia, but will probably be held back by the CPU of your system - what screen resolution do you game at?

Caporegime
Yup, the cpu will greatly bottleneck the Ti. I'd go with a 1060 6GB or a 1070, get another year or two out of that system and then transfer the new card over when you buy a new system.

Soldato
Associate
This is the section you need m8;

https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/categories/ocuk-customer-service.72/

The staff will see your post and be able to answer.

Although I'd personally just upgrade the graphics card, get a local PC shop to do it (you'll save a lot by not having to send it in)

... ... ... Given that replacing a graphics card is about as hard as swapping cartridges on a SNES I would definitely do it yourself.

Overclock CPU. Buy better cooler if necessary. Buy a GTX 1060 or RX580. Bam. Pubg on high settings.

1070 is overkill due to low res monitor and the fact that he has a dinosaur i5 which will bottleneck even the 1060, let alone 1070. That would be a silly upgrade.

Don't buy a 1070 that'd be stupid.

Associate
If he intends to update his CPU at some point the cost of selling the 1060 and buying another 1070 may make the latter a better purchase now. Obviously depends on his future plans.

Ese

Ese

Associate
OP
my cpu is already OC with extra fan which overclockers did it (but i think i need to change old paste from 2012 xd) but yeah in 2 years i probably will upgrade whole thing. I just want to enjoy PUBG now and later upgrade so I think investment in a card will be ideal... 500£ for a card alone will do ?

Associate
my cpu is already OC with extra fan which overclockers did it (but i think i need to change old paste from 2012 xd) but yeah in 2 years i probably will upgrade whole thing. I just want to enjoy PUBG now and later upgrade so I think investment in a card will be ideal... 500£ for a card alone will do ?

Yes just the card for now is fine. Download DDU (display driver uninstaller) and follow the directions, install the new GPU, and install the drivers from either the AMD or NVIDIA website for that GPU. You don't need to spend 500 squid on this. Honestly a 580 or 1060 is more than enough for you right now.

Make sure you mind the PCIE slot release mechanism which looks like a little lever or handle at the end of the PCIE slot. Watch a few videos on how to release it. You either lift it, depress it, or press it in depending on your board. Failure to do this will break the mechanism which won't destroy the board but it's damage nonetheless which can easily be avoided.

BTW because you have a 4 core 4 thread CPU, you will be slightly bottlenecked in PUBG which is all the more reason not to get a 1070. You'll be gimping it.

Ese

Ese

Associate
OP
thanks a lot for that!
i think I will be able to install card and drivers I've done it before with SLI and the bridge.
if you could help me out with the links to cards you recommend please ?

Caporegime

Ese

Ese

Associate
OP
how I can find out that cards will go lower on price and where should look for? overclocker?
may I know why?

Associate
I would go with an upgrade to your graphics cards to a single, powerful one. Depending on whether you want to go second hand with the falling GPU prices, I'd hold off until we have some news on the next generation of GPUs.

An upgrade to a larger SSD would be nice as well.

Ese

Ese

Associate
OP
could you give me any useful links please??

also is it worth to buy used cards?? if yes where is the best place for that??? I would rather cut the cost on that and invest in top one for the future then buy less powerful and change it in 2yrs if obviously this will don't messed rest of the components ...
thanks

Associate
could you give me any useful links please??

also is it worth to buy used cards?? if yes where is the best place for that??? I would rather cut the cost on that and invest in top one for the future then buy less powerful and change it in 2yrs if obviously this will don't messed rest of the components ...
thanks
If possible, stick to brands that offer warranty transfer on 2nd hand items (such as EVGA).

Back
Top Bottom