Is it worth adding more memory?

Associate
Hi, I'm just curious to see if it would be worthwhile increasing the amount of ram the PC currently has. I mainly use the PC for internet and playing Civilization 5, occasionally other strategy games as well. Don't really do much in the way of photo or video editing.

Do you guys reckon it would be worth increasing the memory at all? The system can take 16gb max.

PC specs:
Intel core i7 CPU
8gb ram (4*2gb)
Windows 7 64bit
2TB hard drive
Nvidia Geforce GTX 750 Ti

Many thanks for your thoughts.

Soldato
Hey there,

I went from 4gb to 16gb because when im using photoshop and rendering videos etc at the same time, I needed it, often id use up 4gb, but tbh Iv never used over 6gb I don't think, and games certainly don't use it.

So I experienced no gains at all, I could do everything I do now with 8gb just fine, and these days, there isn't much speed to be had by overclocking ram really. so stick with 8gb unless you often get messages saying that your ram is full, then ofc it would be worth going for 16gb, but if not don't bother it wont be used.

+1 get a ssd!!

Associate
Hi, just keep an eye on your memory usage inside of windows or whilst gaming using afterburner OSD.
If your using all the RAM and speading out into your paging file then yes it will help you but my usage still doesn't go over 4gb of system RAM. (pagefile disabled).

Back
Top Bottom