Is jack daniels suppose to be drank neat or is it made as a mixing whiskey?

Soldato
I can't drink it with coke now - it makes me feel ill. :(

Now I just drink the stuff straight - lurvely. :D Just sip it slowly otherwise it'll taste harsh.

Soldato
Theres the normal JD`s and theres JD Single Barrel, supposed to be a more sweeter taste.

JD + Coke is allways nice.
JD+ Redbull is somewhat bland, but is good for keeping you going.

Man of Honour
Aod said:
no, its like this:

Whiskey = Irish
Whisky = Scottish

Actually Whiskey is from anywhere in the world(notably Ireland and the US), Whisky is properly only from Scotland(although Canada, Japan and Wales also have their own versions the original and best comes from Scotland :)).

I can't say I like Jack Daniels overly much with or without mixers, if there is nothing else around or it is bought for me then sure it'll get drunk otherwise my money will be on beer or vodka normally.

Permabanned
Old No 7 is just like your Stella Artois or Smirnoff Vodka is just a name for being the most popular, its ok to drink but they are a lot better whiskey - e out there for the same price.

Jack Daniels Singel Barrel is just amazing to drink, I can drink it on the rocks and its great to have at parties but its not cheap £40 a bottle.

Bri

Bri

Soldato
Jack Daniels is gash, if I was to choose a mass produced bourbon to drink, it would be Jim Beam. For 1 it's cheaper, secondly, it's nicer and the Jim Beam black is even nicer still.

Out of choice, give me an irish whiskey any day, Bushmills & Black Bush spring immediately to mind, Jamesons isn't at all bad either.

I'm not a great fan of Scotch, Glenfiddich wood finishes are nice though.

To mix whiskey with anything, even ice, is a travesty IMO.

Associate
I also prefer Jim Beam but mainly drink JD because it's available at more places.

Also no whisky should be drank straight, neither should any decent whisky ever be mixed, on the rocks everytime.

Back
Top Bottom