Is jack daniels suppose to be drank neat or is it made as a mixing whiskey?

Soldato
Mike said:
I also prefer Jim Beam but mainly drink JD because it's available at more places.

Also no whisky should be drank straight, neither should any decent whisky ever be mixed, on the rocks everytime.

You are totally wrong dude ;)

Never put ice in decent whisky, ever and its fine to add water if thats the way you like it just not very cold water, some cool water can bring out the taste. This is for GOOD whiskies. Bung a tonne of ice in Teachers and Bells though, anything to kill the taste!

MB

Man of Honour
Matblack said:
JD and Vodka?

JD is not Whiskey its horrible American rubbish, Whiskey is from Scotland and maybe Eire, not bloody America

MB

I meant if you want to mix anything then mix vodka :D Urgh you've got me imagining JD and Smirnoff now :(

Soldato
semi-pro waster said:
Whisky is properly only from Scotland(although Canada, Japan and Wales also have their own versions the original and best comes from Scotland :)).
Yes, correct, Scotch > * tbh.

It mixes well if you mix it right, otherwise you might as well not bother :p.

Associate
Hahah, as usual people getting it so wrong, there always seems to be people who think that drinking whisky straight is in someways better, it isn't and it was never designed to be.

You should never put tap water in whisky, but as any real serious whisky drinker knows adding a pure spring water, especially the same spring water used to make the actual whisky enhances both the aroma and flavour of a good whisky.

Chemically proven too. Try doing some research if you actually want to talk about it rather than trying to act all manly and drinking it straight.

Hell, 5 minutes on google will bring up tons of real whisky enthusiast sites which I'm sure will all say the same thing, add water, mate. ;)

Soldato
OCdt Stringy said:
The fancier incarnations of JD can be drunk neat, but the bog standard supermarket quality isn't too nice, and is best drowned in coke.

I prefer Jim Beam to JD... but tbh I could go without either... I like my lager too much... (and the occasional Bombay Sapphire and Tonic)

Sol

Sol

Associate
JD is bloody awful. One time my mates girlfriend poured way too much into a glass and then a tiny bit of coke...never touched the stuff again. Didn't really help that it was warm either.

Give me Macallan over JD any day i.e. a proper whisky :D. Yes I am aware that they are totally different.

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
Listen to Matblack, he knows what he's talking about.

JD (and any other American whiskey) should not be swallowed, you should swill it around the mouth to kill any germs then spit it out; you should then lick a toilet bowl to get the foul taste from your mouth.

Decent malt or blended whisky/whiskey should be drunk neat or with a little water at room temperature in order to enjoy the flavour.

You can bung anything you like in cheap nasty whisky.

I do disagree with him on one point though. You should not put ice in Bells "whisky" unless, of course, you then proceed to pour it down the sink - yuck.

Stan :)

Soldato
Bigstan said:
Listen to Matblack, he knows what he's talking about.

JD (and any other American whiskey) should not be swallowed, you should swill it around the mouth to kill any germs then spit it out; you should then lick a toilet bowl to get the foul taste from your mouth.

Decent malt or blended whisky/whiskey should be drunk neat or with a little water at room temperature in order to enjoy the flavour.

You can bung anything you like in cheap nasty whisky.

I do disagree with him on one point though. You should not put ice in Bells "whisky" unless, of course, you then proceed to pour it down the sink - yuck.

Stan :)

See I agree with your posts on Single Malts and "Nice" Blended whisky, but I do enjoy borboun and sour mash as an easy drink, as they are constant where ever you go, single malts can be as varied as a fine wine.

But I drink malts with 3 big cubes of ice, and about 3 fingers in a good heavy whisky tumbler, a glass that has to have about an inch of glass on the bottom.

KaHn

Associate
Bri said:
So when you drink your whisky, "on the rocks every time", the ice you use is made from the finest spring water is it?

I never drink tap water either in liquid or ice form. I always make my cubes with spring water.

Back
Top Bottom