• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Is my 8800gts dead?

Associate
Was browsing the net today with music playing. All of a sudden my pc crashed, the screen when black, and my music was looping. The usual crash stuff...

Now when I turn on my pc. I can hear a fan blowing quite loud and I cant hear my motherboard beep like it usually does when I boot it. Nothing appears to happen. So I restart again, but I left it on a bit longer and I heard the windows logon sound followed by the msn log on sound. Seems like my pc is fine but nothing is appearing on my monitor.

:confused:

I take the side off my PC and it seems like the graphics card is making the loud fan sound, but I don't have a spare card to test. Not good!

This does seem like its my graphics card thats broken. But could it be my power supply or motherboard?

Why would the fan be really loud if it is broke?

Why wouldn't my motherboard beep like it usually does?

I've never had any hardware fail on me yet, so any help would be great.

Thanks

Associate
OP
I've tried re-sitting it and tried a different monitor. Same thing.

The music loop was just the dudududududududu... U always get when a pc crashes :p

Back
Top Bottom