• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Is My Cpu Shafted?

Soldato
OP
**UPDATE**
the other night i was gaming and my comp just switched itself off, i powered back up again with the long boot times into windows tried to load up a game and the comp just rebooted, tried this a few times with the same result.

Someone please help me as this is driving me insane now, i'm near enough sure it's my hard drive i just need some clarification before i take the plunge into my wallet?

Soldato
mate my dad bought a cheap nasty comp from woolies ages ago that did similar stuff....when you re-installed windows was it a clean one or did you repair/overwrite the last one....? clean will sort it i reks :)

Soldato
OP
i did a fresh new install, deleted the old one from my hard drive. Think i'm just going to have to bite the bullet and buy a new one and hope for the best.

Soldato
OP
i definately know it's not my ram as i get both problems with 2 different sets of ram, it's also not my cpu as i get the same problems with 2 different cpu's, when i reformatted i did do a full formatt on the hard drive i always do. i think i'm just going to have to buy a hard drive and sell it if it doesn't fix the problem!

Soldato
OP
as thought was my hard drive, ran sea tools and completed on the hard drive itself, i then ran it on the partion i created and it failed immediately and recommended i purchase a new hard drive! for reference my psu is a Hiper Type-R 580w modular

Back
Top Bottom