1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

is my dell a rev a04?

Discussion in 'Monitors' started by tommy_knockers, 28 Feb 2007.

1. tommy_knockers

PermaBanned

Hello all. Is my dell a revision a04? This is a replacement monitor, and to say the least I am suspicious.

It was made in Nov 06 and has sticker on the back saying a04.

Is this true. DVD playback is terrible though.

[​IMG]

sorry about large size

2. tommy_knockers

PermaBanned

and rubbish quality.

cheers.

3. tommy_knockers

PermaBanned

any ideas?

Cheers

4. stormy

Gangster

Is that on the box? From what other people have said there should be a sticker on the back of the monitor itself with serial # and rev #

From other info isn't November 06 a bit early for revision A04s?

Mike

5. snow patrol

Mobster

when you say dvd playback is terrible..how so?

6. fish99

Soldato

DVD playback is no different from A03 to A04. The only difference is 1:1 pixel mapping for 1080p.

Playback of SD DVDs is generally pretty bad on HD screens. The screens themselves don't do very good upscaling (should you be feeding them a SD signal), plus software DVD players like WinDVD/PowerDVD also don't do good upscaling. You might want to try ffdshow with an appropriate player.

If you download some HD trailers (the apple ones are very nice) you'll see there's nothing wrong with the screen itself.

7. iMacMart

Capodecina

Doesn't look like the same sticker on mine? Which is a A03 rev, that looks like a blue peter jobby..!! :)

My sticker is about 2" wide and 3" long

8. fish99

Soldato

If this is a replacement, it may well be a refurb that used to be an A03 and was refurb'd to A04 spec. I read Dell replace the panels when doing refurbs, so I'm sure they could replace the software too. Feed it a 1080p signal (from a 360 maybe) and see if it will display it 1:1 (ie with a small top/bottom border and not stretched).

9. nivlo

Gangster

there is a small sticker on the rear behind the on off button.....it says on mine a04