• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Is my GPU, ZOTAC 2080S, dead?

Associate
Had my 2080 S since August 2020 and hasn't missed a beat. Haven't overclocked and left it as stock however, yesterday whilst playing assassins creed and Cold War the graphics went haywire which I believe to be artifacting as you can see from the link below. I have reinstalled drivers, reinstalled windows, reseated the GPU, changed graphic settings and changed power cables to no avail. I benchmarked it in Superposition and at 4Gb VRAM no issues, at 6Gb VRAM same graphical issues. Is this a now dodgy GPU and should i seek a replacement or could this be an issue outside of the GPU?

https://imgur.com/a/siQhZYX

Any help on this would be appreciated.

Soldato
Looks like faulty vram to me...Zotac are great with a warranty though...they will replace card with the same performance level of card they have in stock.

My 980ti got replaced with a 1070 after 4.5 years so I was happy :)

Quick turnaround too...was 6 days I think from when I sent it to when i received new card

Being so new i think its overclockers that will deal with the rma for you rather than zotac...get in touch via here and they will tell you.

Associate
OP
I got the card through a pre-built system so have gone back to the company to ask for a replacement so will see what they say. Just wary that 2080 S are not longer in production and 3000 series are like gold dust

Back
Top Bottom