• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Is my GTX 780 Faulty?

Associate
Dunno what Gigabyte is up to, but I read of many people with issues lately. I had to return a Windforce 780Ti for not being stable at stock clocks.

n3x

n3x

Associate
OP
That looks like a card memory fault or a faulty PSU.

Check your power supply?

If not its broke return it.

PSU works fine with my 670... and its happening in the BIOS so can't be a driver issue. I've put an RMA in... funny thing is when I took it out of the packaging one of the screws that holds the back plate to the card fell off! Tried to screw it back in but it doesn't hold so thought it was safer to leave it off rather than it fall off in the PC.

Last edited:
Associate
Actually some times it can be the BIOS acting up at post ! I've seen it with a GTX 660 before. No artifacts in windows or when gaming nor within the BIOS itself but just during POST.
Some times a BIOS update fixes it.

Does the anomally also occur in windows and when in the BIOS itself ? If so then yes it's defective vram.

n3x

n3x

Associate
OP
Actually some times it can be the BIOS acting up at post ! I've seen it with a GTX 660 before. No artifacts in windows or when gaming nor within the BIOS itself but just during POST.
Some times a BIOS update fixes it.

Does the anomally also occur in windows and when in the BIOS itself ? If so then yes it's defective vram.

Yep, happens in Windows as well. Doesn't even make it into Windows most of the time, it just hangs at the loading screen.

Soldato
Are you connecting via displayport?

Just that I have had issues which look like this with certain monitors/gpus and using displayport.

Even though it likely faulty

Man of Honour
Possible motherboard needs a BIOS update to properly support the card but more likely faulty VRAM, given the screw thing I'd rma it anyhow.

Back
Top Bottom