Is my memory bad? (Corsair Vengeance RGB high trfc)

Associate
Basically, I've been having issues recently, especially with gaming... i was showing my sensors to a friend and he advised me my RAM numbers were BADDD so I freaked and checked, my TrFC is 900+ atm with duel ram and also single ram on both sticks.... Without XMP its 750+

SIngle DIM test 1

unknown.png

Single DIM test 2

unknown.png

Duel DIM

unknown.png

Without XMP or well Asus version its 700+

What I've tried

- Testing both ram sticks in a single channel, same results
- Resetting the BIOS
- Updating the BIOS
- Trying with and without DOCP
- Resitting all hardware
- Removed CMOS
- Memtest (no alarming results)

I am unable to try different ram in my system as I don't have any spare

Specs

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5600x
RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO Black 32GB 3600MHz
GPU: RTX 3080 MSI
MOBO: ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING

I don't know much about memory, I'm just going off what someone said and wish for a second opinion :/

EDIT: Could it be the motherboard? or most likely RAM? or is there not an issue at all

Soldato
tfc and trfc are both pretty bad tbh, its within jedec spec and the rams xmp profile but it dosent hurt to change them around a little as long as you dont go too low, looking a your primary timmings they are slow but acceptable cl18 is ok, regarding the trfc and trc go ahead and change those numbers in the bios menu under dram timing control to (tfc 65) and (trfc 625) to begin with and see if the pc will boot and most importantly remain stable in games/benchmarks

If those new values hold and you gain a bit of performance you can look at lowering them a bit more but for saftey dont drop back too far (tfc 50) and (trfc 425) note the trfc may be too low if you get a failed to boot clear your cmos and head back into the bios and try again but this time set trfc to 500, as well as every other setting's too
My teamgroup ripped modules can do some silly numbers but they are a cl14 kit that runs at 1.45v (i have mine at 14,15,15,35 (tfc 50) and (trfc 325) @3600mhz pretty aggressive but my modules work.

Please dont feed those values above into your set as it will most likley to fail to boot or worse cause damage due to the higher voltage, it's only there as an example :)

have a play and find out what your moduels will do.

to be clear you dont have any issues at all the timmings on the ram are perfectly fine for the everyday user, and if your happy enough with them then disregard my reply above and keep them as are, the real word gain from tweaked ram in games is around 5fps max, but if you run benchmarks then it can add quite a bit if you tweak everything just right

Soldato
XMP contains only primary timings and the rest are decided automatically by BIOS using some formula with requency as big factor in it.
(because they're counted in clock pulses)
And to guarantee stability at higher clock speeds/shorter pulse duration, timings go up.

You need to find out what DRAM chips those memories use to have idea what kind Trfc they can do.
Samsung B-die is clearly ahead of others in many timings.
And CL18 (Tcas) tells those DIMMs ain't B-dies, or not very good bin.

Back
Top Bottom