1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

is my pump broken?

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Cooling' started by daven1986, 13 May 2006.

1. daven1986

Mobster

when tightening the right barb, the plastic casing suddenly cracked slightly, so i undid the barb a little but now have a slight crack. it appears to be only hairline you can see it a bit in the picture. i will leak test this, but do you guys think it'll pass? the crack has reached the outside, but i dont think it has penetrated the inside.

thanks
    daven

[​IMG]

2. cypriobrit

Gangster

I cant see anything in that pic m8. :( Even if there is a crack a bit of epoxy on the outside should seal it again.

3. daven1986

Mobster

thanks, can i use silicon sealant?

4. iraiguana

Mobster

silicon to make it water tight but some epoxy will hold it together.

5. daven1986

Mobster

ok it does leak a bit around the barb, and also around the seal between the top and the base, water doesn't drip out of the seal it just stays there and reappears when i wipe it away, the barb also drips a little, but not while the pump is in operation.

can i use bathroom sealant around everything?

thanks

daven

6. ted34

Wise Guy

Use some ptfe tape if your not already. Bathroom sealant is waterproof so will be fine

7. daven1986

Mobster

bah now have to wait 48 hours for it to cure, tomorrow night i turn it on - no leaks yet even though it is full of water so it is looking hopeful!

daven

8. daven1986

Mobster

ah crap, it appears that it still leaks, so it is well and truly busted. so i just went and ordered a liang dcc.

thanks for your help
    *is very angry*
    daven