Is Rooney hard to play with up front?

Associate
yeah the Rooney Owen partnership looked like it could really work well a few years ago when Rooney was just emerging, he'd play a bit deeper and then Owen would play off the Last man. I think we can still play that way pretty well with Gerrard in the hole and Rooney high up the pitch, but it's looking like Gerrard will be stuck on the left, and Heskey/Crouch will start...

Soldato
in england imo should be 4-4-1-1, Gerrard behind rooney getting his freedom as when that was done maybe twice with england thou think it was once gerrard played ALLOT better their than he does on the wing and also still allows rooney to have his freedom and together they seemed to know were the other player was already bit like how Gerrard/Torres are.

Sod him with heskey as imo Gerrard/Rooney for england would be awesome thou doubt it will happen

Soldato
i dont understand why Capello is sticking Gerrard on the left......

Rooney up front
Gerrard just behind (simlar role for Lpool)
J. Cole on the left
Lennon on the right (swp sub)
Lampard and Barry centre mid. With Barry covering the back so lamp can foray forward.

Its win win situation surely. So how can Capello not see this?????

Man of Honour
Yep seems to be the obvious choice to me in the absence of a natural partner for Rooney. Gerrard has some experience playing off the striker at Liverpool so it might work out ok. However whether Capello is convinced about having Joe Cole in the starting XI remains to be seen (been given #11 if that is any indication).

Back
Top Bottom