is SIN worth it?

Man of Honour
I liked it. It's not exactly the best shooter EVER but is certainly worth playing imo :)

Did you play the first SiN game?

Man of Honour
Are you on about SiN the original game? Or SiN: Episode One?

If you have not played the original SiN, then it's probably worth buying SiN: Episode One from Steam, as you get the original SiN game with it. It's a bit old, but it's still a laugh, and shows what Half-Life was really up against at the time.

SiN: Episodes isn't really that bad, but it's very samey, it's quite a good enjoyable action sequences, but you're limited on weapons and enemies. The whole package though for £13 isn't that bad thogh really.

Associate
Its ok but it wont last you a week, do you have day of defeat:S?
Get a lot more out of that for the same price.

Or pick up one of the many hl2:mods floating around plenty of good stuff around.

Suspended
^ yup DOD source is like a completely new game, i never play half life 2 now. In fact for over 2 months i dont think ive really played any other game that dod source -bar testing oblivion

Soldato
I think it's worth it but don't expect it to be like HL. It's a very different game. Very much a no-brains, run and gun shooter. But it is fun and I say worth the money :)

Associate
I thought Sin Emergence was great. Was no brains, yes but it was presented so well.

All I played when I got it. Yes it is short but it works really well and can be very challenging if you ramp up the difficulty.

Don
OP
ok cool

can't really play online multiplayer at my parents house, get too many interuptions and i just get annoyed at them! so i stick to pausable games :)

just done COD2, really enjoy the COD games, the enemies don't stand out like clowns with claxtons like enemies do in a lot of other FPS's!

i'll get the ep 1 package i think :) cheers lads

Man of Honour
It's a distinctly average and very short shooter in my book - in that price range there are much better FPS games on the market like FEAR, Quake4 and Doom3.

Don
OP
i've got doom3 and fear already :)

i played quake 4 for a bit, but decided not to buy it, it was too unsimilar to quake 3 for my liking!, was more like doom 3 with the lights turned on

i've been playing sin for a few hours today, you get hurt quite easily (on hardish mode) which makes it more intense!

i'm at the part now where i'm fighting my way through a big building with the ginger girl, and there was a big glass statue of that lush bad girl about 15 mins ago

Back
Top Bottom