1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

is SIN worth it?

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by bledd, 2 Jun 2006.

1. bledd

Don

i LOVE the half life series, and just finished ep one, got a week to kill, whats sin like peeps?

2. Duke

Man of Honour

I liked it. It's not exactly the best shooter EVER but is certainly worth playing imo :)

Did you play the first SiN game?

3. DaveyD

Man of Honour

Are you on about SiN the original game? Or SiN: Episode One?

If you have not played the original SiN, then it's probably worth buying SiN: Episode One from Steam, as you get the original SiN game with it. It's a bit old, but it's still a laugh, and shows what Half-Life was really up against at the time.

SiN: Episodes isn't really that bad, but it's very samey, it's quite a good enjoyable action sequences, but you're limited on weapons and enemies. The whole package though for £13 isn't that bad thogh really.

4. Toothpick

Hitman

Its ok but it wont last you a week, do you have day of defeat:S?
    Get a lot more out of that for the same price.

Or pick up one of the many hl2:mods floating around plenty of good stuff around.

5. geeza

Banned

^ yup DOD source is like a completely new game, i never play half life 2 now. In fact for over 2 months i dont think ive really played any other game that dod source -bar testing oblivion

6. Psyk

Sgarrista

I think it's worth it but don't expect it to be like HL. It's a very different game. Very much a no-brains, run and gun shooter. But it is fun and I say worth the money :)

7. RaMDOM

Wise Guy

I thought Sin Emergence was great. Was no brains, yes but it was presented so well.

All I played when I got it. Yes it is short but it works really well and can be very challenging if you ramp up the difficulty.

8. ZXSpectrum

Sgarrista

I actually prefered it to HL2:Ep1... Lasted longer, was tougher and was great fun!

9. bledd

Don

ok cool

can't really play online multiplayer at my parents house, get too many interuptions and i just get annoyed at them! so i stick to pausable games :)

just done COD2, really enjoy the COD games, the enemies don't stand out like clowns with claxtons like enemies do in a lot of other FPS's!

i'll get the ep 1 package i think :) cheers lads

10. HangTime

Man of Honour

It's a distinctly average and very short shooter in my book - in that price range there are much better FPS games on the market like FEAR, Quake4 and Doom3.

11. bledd

Don

i've got doom3 and fear already :)

i played quake 4 for a bit, but decided not to buy it, it was too unsimilar to quake 3 for my liking!, was more like doom 3 with the lights turned on

i've been playing sin for a few hours today, you get hurt quite easily (on hardish mode) which makes it more intense!

i'm at the part now where i'm fighting my way through a big building with the ginger girl, and there was a big glass statue of that lush bad girl about 15 mins ago

12. robertgilbert86

Wise Guy

If you havn't bought Hl2 EP1 but that now! It's awesome,

But I was dissapointed with SiN ep1, very short indeed.

13. ZXSpectrum

Sgarrista

Odd... I thought that HL2:Ep1 was actually shorter. Maybe it was because i was playing Sin on a harder level.