Is the 2405FPW worth it even at it's current price?

Soldato
AWPC said:
Trouble is that without vsync enabled tearing is very noticeable due to the siz of the screen so you end up being limited to either 30/60FPS.

You can enable triple buffering to help with this. For Open GL games it's in the CP game profile as an option or if it's D3D then use DXTweaker.

Man of Honour
right guys, i've just had to clear up a LOT of rule breaking from this thread. Please do NOT discuss prices from competitors for this monitor, it is not a thread for that, please talk about the monitor, and feel free to comment on whether you think it is worth the price talked about and offered here at OcUK. Anyone talking about competitor pricing or offering info / requesting info will get a holiday i'm afraid.

Soldato
OP
Woah!

thats a lot of thread choppage :o Would have preffered it not to go that way really. Thanks for clearing that out Badass :)

Also can I assume your views haven't changed since you posted your thread on this monitor?

Soldato
Bought mine back in September (at least I think so) and it's been fantastic. The best PC upgrade that I've made since I bought an athlon XP system with a GF3 and a flat 19" CRT. It's expensive, but honestly when are you going to need to upgrade this screen. HD material at native res, masses of desktop real estate, and let's face it, 24" is pretty darn massive and not many people need more in a PC monitor. Anything larger it's really worth considering an LCD TV instead of a PC screen unless you're doing graphics work.

Man of Honour
Psymonkee said:
Woah!

thats a lot of thread choppage :o Would have preffered it not to go that way really. Thanks for clearing that out Badass :)

Also can I assume your views haven't changed since you posted your thread on this monitor?

i soft deleted the posts so people could see how much crap i have had to clear out! there was a couple hard deleted too, please no more talk of prices and competitors :)

I am still very impressed with the 2405FPW, yes. It's a fantastic screen and for my uses, I couldn't wish for more. I'm not a heavy gamer at all, so that is probably the one area I am not bothered with, in all others it is excellent. Full review in more depth (than the thread here) is available here: http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/dell_2405fpw.htm

Soldato
OP
Argh :(

A good read of your review makes me want one even more but I'm still on the fence :(

I started listening to my head again - it says no. Money is certainly not tight but I should consider if I can really afford it in the long term (fuel for car/bills etc)

My heart of course says yes :D I like the idea but I can see myself getting 2 which would just be stupid :o

Still dunno what to do - come Friday I can see myself just slapping my card down on the counter at OcUK and just getting them to max it out starting with the monitor :|

I'm weak :(

Soldato
OP
definately the not buying it

but thats my heart speaking - my head is still trying to fight and failing.

Payment shouldn't be an issue however as I am in full time emplyment making aenough to pay this off with ease. Besides it will be going on a 0% Credit Card.....

Maybe I should register another account on the forums and argue with myself unitl Friday? :D

Associate
worst case scenario - you buy the monitor and decide you dont like it. All you do is mention it on the MM and you will no doubt have countless offers on your monitor to recoop the purchase made. Nuff said :p

Soldato
It does non-native resolutions very well as well. I play BF2 in 1280x1024 on my lowly X800 XT and it looks perfectly fine on the screen.

As others have already touched on - the screen is very bright, very vibrant. You won't be disappointed.

Teaser pic here (please ignore the curtains :( )

Soldato
But they have a gaudy flower pattern! ...how can we not look at them?!

Nice setup btw, and yes, I would also recommend it at the current price. It does scale very well, so if your graphics card can't quite manage native in some new game, then all is not lost.

It's cliche I know, but it definitely ranks as the most impressive purchase I have ever made for my PC . I remember first plugging it in, I was like, woooo! then I dragged the wife over and she was all, coooo it's big isn't it! She'd never said that to me before! :o :eek: :confused:

Soldato
I agree. Bang for buck its probably the safest purchase you could make. It's not gonna devalue that much (especially compared to GFX cards, CPUs, etc) and you'll get a lot of enjoyment out of it.

I couldn't go back to my 21" CRT now thats for sure.

Only nagging thought in the back of my mind is that I want the 30" one. :D

Associate
OMG I want one SOOO BAD !!

But I heard they might be releasing a 27" monitor ......
........... Dribble ,
I am now foaming at the mouth ..

If I see one of these I AM HAVING ONE even if I have to sell a kidney to get it :eek:

Associate
I was so close to ordering the 2405 the other day. But i'm gonna wait until the 2407 and 2707 are released.

But I get the feeling even 27 inches may not be enough, might just go the whole 30 inches! A few weeks ago the 30 incher was around 1k, sorry I never bought it then.

Soldato
Al Vallario said:
Where did you hear that? As far as I know the 2407WFP and 2007WFP are on the verge of being released, but I haven't heard anything of a 2707WFP :confused:

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=17544879

This was Posted by baddass in the link above.

27.jpg

Last edited:
Caporegime
Just when I was gonna try and convince you to buy ;) I love mine had no problems at all with it. The best purchase I have ever made PC wise. I like my 360 through it too. You dont see too many people buying one and regretting it.

Back
Top Bottom