1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is The iKBC F108 the best quality keyboard under £150?

Discussion in 'Gaming Peripherals' started by jwilliamson47, 23 May 2018.

1. jwilliamson47

Wise Guy

Hi,

I'm looking to upgrade to a new keyboard and would like some advice on which model to go for. Budget is up to £150 and the main focus revolves around build quality. Not so fussed about gamer features/software but would prefer RGB lighting. Heard the iKBC stuff is excellent and much better than the likes of Corsair.

I could look at Ducky but the Shine 6 seems out of my price range.

I could go TKL if there's one of particular interest.

Cherry MX Blues preferred with Browns being second best.

Thanks.

Last edited: 23 May 2018
  2. Little_Crow

Hitman

I have the F108 and am very happy with it, but with £40 headroom in the budget there might be better options.

The MF108, for instance can be found in ANSI layout for ~£150 (UK ISO layout appears to only exist in the ether at this point) and has an aluminium case and frame.
    Varmilo are also a brand I see recommended a lot, so might be worth checking out what they have to offer.

3. jwilliamson47

Wise Guy

Cool, will keep an eye out of those options. The main issue I have with some products is finding stock in the UK. Might be worth paying the extra then for the MF108.

4. KungFuSpaghetti

Wise Guy

Have you looked at the Logitec keyboards? The Romer-g mech switches I found to be a lot nicer than any of the cherry MX switches I've used.

5. Evian

Wise Guy

Certainly not the Corsair series anyway I keep getting the double key input on all my keys.

6. jwilliamson47

Wise Guy

I used to have a Corsair K70 RGB and was pretty unimpressed with the extremely thin keys and poor lettering.

7. JediFragger

Capodecina

Corsair keyboards are pish! Never again!!!!!