1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is the Titan Nero upgradeable?

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Sajdood, 12 Oct 2009.

1. Sajdood

Gangster

2. Franksi

Gangster

It will support the following CPUs:
    Socket AM2+/ AM2 processors: AMD Phenom™ FX processor/ AMD Phenom™ X4 processor/ AMD Phenom™ X3 processor/ AMD Athlon™ X2 processor/ AMD Athlon™ processor/ AMD Sempron™ X2 processor/ AMD Sempron™ processor

So you would be able to upgrade the CPU, the RAM is Dual Channel so max at the moment would be 2GB (2x2GB DIMMS). It has 1 x PCIe 16 slot so you could upgrade the GPU but you might need a new PSU as well

3. Sindri

Hitman

To put an i7 into this system you would need a completely new motherboard and a different kind of ram.

As for the graphics card you could update that at anytime. If you were going for an sli/crossfire set up you might need to replace the psu though.

4. Franksi

Gangster

And the motherboard - it only has one PCI express slot!

5. Sajdood

Gangster

Ah, thanks for the quick reply.

Are none of those processors equivalent to the intel i5/i7 processors? If not, which intel processors are they equivalent to? Sorry, i'm really a big noob at computers >.<

Hmm, if I was to buy another motherboard that would support 6-8gb and still be compatible, which motherboard should I go for?

Ah, cool. I don't think ill be going for sli/crossfire though..like ever. :p

6. Franksi

Gangster

The Phenom X4 and the i5 are in direct competition

7. Sajdood

Gangster

cool! That means ill be able to upgrade to an i5 when I have some more lunch money saved up ;D

What about the ram though? What motherboard would I need if I wanted 6-8gb?

8. Franksi

Gangster

STOP! You are not reading what is being said correctly! This is an AMD motherboard, you CANNOT put an INTEL chip (i5/i7) in this motherboard.

I said that the Phenom X4 are in competition with the i5. i5 is INTEL, Phenom X4 is AMD. So you could upgrade to a Phenom later, NOT an i5.

You've pretty much said that you want to upgrade every component of this system so I don't think you should consider buying it as its not what you really want

9. Sajdood

Gangster

Ooops, I meant to say phenom x4! >.<

Yeah, I wasn't planning on upgrading this year or even next year, I was thinking of upgrading sometime during spring 2011

But the thing is, I was thinking of changing the motherboard in the Titan nero so that I would be able to have 6-8gb in the future, what motherboard should i get?