Is there a 3D combo of Gratuitous Space Battles and Freespace Editor with modern graphics?

Soldato
I remember having fun with Freespace Editor creating space battles, flying around while spaceships small and large blasted each other into dust. By modern standards Freespace is graphically primitive and I'm sure the AI has improved. Is there anything that might interest me? I expect it can be done in Star Citi-whenever, but I don't want to wait. I still enjoy watching space battles on Youtube.

I'm not looking for pseudo-3d stuff like Gratuitous Space Battles 2.

I want full 3D, overall AI (strategy, tactics), a modicum of individual AI (aggressive, defensive, protective, etc), sub-missions (defend X, destroy Y), ease of construction - I don't want to have to program each ship individually but I do want the option. And I want no limits. If I want to pit 10,000 Tie Fighters & Bombers against 5,000 Grikaths, let me. (Fred, the Freespace Editor, had limits.) I want a mode that will let me record, so if it chugs then I can set it going overnight and watch it the next day.

Back
Top Bottom