• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Is there a good way to configure a GTX 970 for gaming and ShadowPlay, with a Quadro card for CAD?

DMZ

DMZ

Associate
I've read that you can only have one nVidia driver at a time, but that drivers are apparently available that support both cards on one system. I know that SLI between the different cards is not an option. I would like to continue to use my 970 for gaming (it's fine, I don't need more) but use a Quadro card for CAD. However, I am not sure how best to set this up. Perhaps it can be done via the 3D acceleration control panel, or perhaps there is a better way. Has anyone got any experience with this? Thanks

Caporegime
Probably no use to you as I’m assuming your running one display?

I’ve got a Zotac 1080ti Amp extreme running my 4K 43” TV (as a monitor) and used the onboard (intel iirc) for my second little screen I use as a browser / media player / whatever, I noticed from time to time a little stutter when playing films so disabled the onboard and use an old GTX 260 to run the second display now, works fine, the 1080ti @4K and the 260 running the little one, probably overkil - I’ve not actually checked to see if the 260 is any better on paper than the onboard but it certainly seems to be so.

Not had to do anything with the driver either it just detects the two cards and two screens.

Back
Top Bottom