Is there a way to play PC (upstairs) games on my TV (downstairs)?

Soldato
Yes, it really does work very well - absolutely no need to spend money on a shield.

I use a Bluetooth Xbox controller linked to the TV - not tried any other combinations as it works well for me with minimal lag.

I use full 4k 60fps (or the setting for 90-120) and set the bit rate to 150. I do have ethernet running through two gigabit switches from the TV to the Computer upstairs so no WiFi or potential bottlenecks.

My only issues is the fact the computer is running a 980ti which at 4k isn't optimal. Once a 3080/AMD equivalent is in there I'm not expecting any problems - I'm not playing fast paced e-sports titles but do enjoy CS:S/Global offensive without issue.
I assume this requires an Android TV? You're not using a phone or something like that?

Associate
OP
I don't really have problems with lag and can't comment on the power line in your individual circumstances..

I believe we have a similar TV - if not the same. I don't seem to have an issue with it resetting?

I will lock my FPS @ 60fps and select this in the app and see if it helps with any judder experienced which I thought was the graphics card being unable to cope.

Okay cool. Maybe because I am used to playing on a 144hz monitor so 60hz seems a bit slow to me.

Yeah I think it is staying at 150 bit rate now.

That's what I am doing too, modifiying the graphic settings to maintain 60fps.

Associate
OP
Also, what is the best way to connect my xbox one controller to my PC over a distance of about 15M?

Bluetooth does not work as expected. I am looking on various shops for USB cables and can't find any USB cables that go to 15M in length.

The connection could either be:

PC - long micro usb cable of 15M - xbox one controller

PC - usb extender - micro usb cable - xbox one controller

PC - usb extender - bluetooth adapter - xbox one controller

Associate
I’m exploring a similar option where I’m considering connecting my pc to a tv in another room which is around 7m distance. It seems 48gb bandwidth hdmi cables (tv will be LG c10) only exist up to 5m before they start degrading. I like the idea of bluetoothing an Xbox controller to the tv though.

Associate
So have you just installed the Moonlight app via the playstore then?

Also what controller do you use?

Yup, I'm pretty sure there a chrome extension too if that's your preference, I use K/M and xbox360 for my PC games via moonlight, and my stadia controller for the games I have on stadia.

Cant recommend moonlight enough, I uses it daily buf it does mean I'm restricted to buying NVIDIA because of it

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom