Is there such a thing as unlimited cellular data on a laptop?

Associate
For example, Three has a pay-as-you-go SIM-only data plan where you can get unlimited data for one month, for £35. It can be used on a phone or a tablet, but there's no mention of it being compatible with a laptop, aside from tethering (which may be capped, although I think this depends on the provider). Similarly, giffgaff has their 'Always On SIM-only' plan, which also allows tethering, but no indication as to whether a tethered connection is capped or whether the SIM works in a laptop.

There are some laptops out there that have a SIM card slot. Could I use the above SIMs in a laptop and still get unlimited data, or would the SIM be blocked since it's a non-mobile OS?

Ultimately, I'd like to know whether there is such a thing as unlimited cellular data on a laptop, from any provider.

Associate
Well yes but only 1 provider give you what you want which is unlimited tethering out of every single mobile phone network provider you see,

Look and read all the post's here > https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/threads/virgin-unlimited-sim-card.18826579/

Virgin mobile do a deal for £25 a month and all that i know is they allow unlimited tethering, but i have yet to test this by downloading 200gb of data just to test it.

You have to be a virgin media customer to get this deal, which would be cable internet or phone or tv.

So what you are looking for is what virgin media mobile offer but you have to be a virgin media customer to get the deal though i am afraid ultimately from the question you asked which was > Ultimately, I'd like to know whether there is such a thing as unlimited cellular data on a laptop, from any provider.

http://www.virginmedia.com/corporat...he-uks-first-truly-unlimited-mobile-plan.html

https://www.virginmedia.com/mobile/sim-only/pay-monthly-sim/?contractDuration=12&tariffID=1374821892

Three used to do unlimited tethering but reduced it to 30gb you see.

But with the methods you state the mobile provider will know what you are using it for so it would be blocked by the mobile provider which would be likely anyways but you can try it though.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Thanks, lltfdaniel. I do have Virgin Media for broadband, so I'll consider that, since they have no limit on tethering also.

Apart from that, these seem like other good options.

Three
Rolling one-month contract at £35 per month.
No data cap on phone. 30GB cap on tethering.
No speed throttling.

giffgaff
Pay-as-you-go. £25 for one month of data.
No data cap on phone. No cap on tethering.
Speed restriction (after 20GB is used, speed goes down to 0.384Mbps from 08:00 to 23:59. Full speed from 00:00 to 07:59).

Associate
Thanks, lltfdaniel. I do have Virgin Media for broadband, so I'll consider that, since they have no limit on tethering also.

Apart from that, these seem like other good options.

Three
Rolling one-month contract at £35 per month.
No data cap on phone. 30GB cap on tethering.
No speed throttling.

giffgaff
Pay-as-you-go. £25 for one month of data.
No data cap on phone. No cap on tethering.
Speed restriction (after 20GB is used, speed goes down to 0.384Mbps from 08:00 to 23:59. Full speed from 00:00 to 07:59).

I'd pick virgin media mobile, anyways the service is good here in Bournemouth and have done 48gb via tethering.

Your other alternative is giff gaff, and then three because I think you would prefer an always on connection.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom