Is this a normal tempreture for rgb memory? (new system)

Associate
Finally got my new system up and running yesterday (pre-built)
However I did a temp check on icue on my rgb corsair memory and without anything running they were hitting 46 degrees c.
Is this about right for a powerful rig with no games etc running? Seemed high to me
I checked quickly online and a few posts I did see say they should never go over 40 which is worrying!!
But I wanted to double check as I have no idea what damage this would do and if I need to urgently fix it. I do have 5 fans running inside too.

System is Ryzen 3900 and a GTX 3080

Soldato
Well you've got very little airflow around the RAM due to have an AIO water cooler, how many fans are fitted and where are they in the case?

They are competitors hence why you need to remove the name

Soldato
They sell systems and are an OCUK rival so that link is against the forum rules.

Not much info on the system config anyway but you want direct airflow over the RAM if you're using a liquid cooler. If there's only 1 front fan try fitting another or maybe a top fan though the sound dampening restricts that. Basically more flow over the RAM area as already mentioned.

Associate
OP
Thanks - removed the link
currently 1 fan back, 2 on the top and 2 on the front so no room for more inside

At these temps, whats likely to happen? could it damage my system in any way

Back
Top Bottom