Is this build any good?

Soldato
The pre-built is ok but problems I see are PSU not in stock til end of September. The RM650 be enough but it's not in the configurator.

RAM is only 3000MHz speed, ones we spec'd are 3600MHz - again they don't offer higher speeds in the config for some reason.

Looks like about a £100 premium on that pre-built compared to building yourself. So build fee is about what I'd expect.

You could knock £55 off the pre-built if you didn't need the 2TB HDD as well. If 1TB NVMe you have will suffice?

Associate
OP
The pre-built is ok but problems I see are PSU not in stock til end of September. The RM650 be enough but it's not in the configurator.

RAM is only 3000MHz speed, ones we spec'd are 3600MHz - again they don't offer higher speeds in the config for some reason.

Looks like about a £100 premium on that pre-built compared to building yourself. So build fee is about what I'd expect.

You could knock £55 off the pre-built if you didn't need the 2TB HDD as well. If 1TB NVMe you have will suffice?

Yeah some of the stuff i wanted isnt available for choice, the only reason im doubting myself on building it is placement of fans, or messing up the build by doing something wrong . Ive watched videos on youtube and near everyone has different placement of fans or how many to get.

Soldato
Fan placement is trivial, you don’t even need to get more. And if you did you can always change them, it won’t cause an issue. Long as you have a good case (which Meshify C is) you don’t need extra anyway.

But if you really don’t want to build yourself, but get your own exact parts, just copy/paste the basket in the Customer Service sub forum and OcUK can quote to build it for you. You don’t have to go on the pre-built config systems. ;)

Associate
It's always a bit nerve-racking on your first build but as long as you be careful and follow a decent guide and do some research it should be relatively straightforward.

Back
Top Bottom