Is this even broadband?

Soldato
That's not bad for 5 miles tbh, I bet that isnt your line length either.

Yup, BT engineer reckons it won't change much if I was to change providers anyway, and he seemed an honest enough bloke. What was interesting however, and is something I should have started a new thread over is that he says that an easy way to improve your BT service is to sign up to BT Vision which is their tv on demand subscription service, because they alter your contention ratio from 50 down to 25 to ensure you get better delivery of content...hmmm!

Man of Honour
Yup, BT engineer reckons it won't change much if I was to change providers anyway, and he seemed an honest enough bloke. What was interesting however, and is something I should have started a new thread over is that he says that an easy way to improve your BT service is to sign up to BT Vision which is their tv on demand subscription service, because they alter your contention ratio from 50 down to 25 to ensure you get better delivery of content...hmmm!

That's garbage, contention ratios haven't existed as such since DSL max went mainstream, they might be putting BT vision connections onto max premium, which has a higher upload bandwidth and supposedly priority path through the BT cloud. If they do though I suspect they only do priority on the vision part of the package...

Soldato
Well I wasn't paying too much attention, but our broadband isn't too bad as it stands, and without moving I can't say it could improve too much as our issue is the distance from exchange (at approx 5 miles)

Associate
wow i thought my connection was bad.
I'm with Bethere, i pay for 24Mb and get about 5-6Mb.

Usually download at around 500Kbp/s, thats 5 miles away from the exchange, as the crow flies. Could be more as there a motorway in the way.

Soldato
I could do one from the data center but thats fairly pointless as it varies hugely, this is just the office connection ;)

841483060.png

Back
Top Bottom