Is this needed or too aggressive?

Associate
I saw that on the news as well funnily enough its in Middlesbrough not Hertfordshire as it was on our local news. :p I thought it was hillarious that they had his name on it and everything.

When they visited his home to get his view on it his mother was at the door saying well errm agressivly voicing that it was victimisation and they are singleing him out. What about all the people he has upset or done any harm to do they not deserve the right for him to be named and shamed, i think more is needed to humiliate these types of people.

Associate
i liked the idea of when the scum bags on community service had to wear yellow/orange overalls or something to show everyone who they were, but i think this idea is a bit silly. As others have said, he will love it that his face is plastered on a bus.

Soldato
I would have thought this would be in breach of the HRA 1998 Art 8? I suppose they'll argue that it's for the prevention of disorder/crime though, IMHO, that's trite.

fini

Soldato
Course it's required, unless they are willing to throw him in jail then take a bloody preventative measure.

After all this Hug-a-Hoodie drivel that's been flying around, I came back from Scotland to see a gang of six rob three people then leg it. Who wants to get in line to hug them?

Kol

Kol

Man of Honour
Why is the 'new' news? Nottingham Express Transit (trams) have been doing this for aaaaaaaaages.

A few lads with asbos have posters on the trams saying why they have it and what their asbo prevents them from doing. It's great because the amount of commuters who use it daily have seen it and now know how much of a fool this guy is.

Associate
In an ideal world, the little scrote should be locked up, one attempt made to reform him and if that fails, he goes away for longer. The rest of us stay within the rules that form a relatively civilised society, so if you step outside those boundaries, you deserve everything you get. I'm sick to death of hearing about criminals getting no more than a slap on the wrist, because some do-gooder or smug lawyer stands up in court and starts bleating about his human rights.

We're not living in an ideal world unfortunately, on this topic and others, but to be quite blunt, I would not be losing any sleep if one of these little scumbags - who let's face it, think they are above the law anyway - gets a taste of 'community justice' as a result of his face being plastered on buses and billboards all over town. If that then enables the members of that community to live their lives in relative peace, so be it ...

Man of Honour
It's to good for re-offenders. Lock em up in a prison. 4 stone walls a bog and a thin mattres on the floor. Thats it, oh and awful foul food.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom