Is this normal?

Caporegime
I have quite a fun story....

My nan had a new mattress arrive one day. I asked her where she bought it from and she said it was a replacement under the ‘lifetime’ guarantee she had when she bought it.

She bought it over 30 years ago!

I’m not sure who is more awesome... my nan, or the company. Both are winners :cool:
Not only did I have fun with this story, I also enjoyed the heckers out of it. Well done nameless operation who did an amazing thing for Nitefly's gran!

OP on the other hand - well, just LOL if you don't know the differences between 'clumsy', 'normal' and 'asshat'.

Soldato
I bought a rug from Wayfair which turned out to be awful quality and looked nothing like the picture on the website. After emailing to them to request a return, they replied saying that they would process a refund and send a separate email with instructions of how to dispose of the rug :p.

I never ended up receiving the second email and still have the rug, but thought it was a bit of a bizarre policy!

I agree with some of the other posts e.g. CS was in a good mood / last day of work / retiring / thier CEO having more money than Microsoft etc.

You definitely got lucky there OP, so don't get too used to it! Congrats though :) You could put the new table where the damaged one was, and if you know some DIY, you could use the old one as a workbench. Or it could even be a project to try and restore it or modify it somehow so that you can make use out of it again, just in a different place from before.

Soldato
I've had it happen more than once, both with items that I've damaged myself and ones that broke outside of warranty.

The last one was my Steelseries Rival 600 that was about 3 months out of warranty, they just asked me to send pics of it destroyed and immediately gave me an £80 voucher to use on their online shop.

I've always been upfront and asked if I can buy a replacement part etc. when this has happened.

ne0

ne0

Associate
OP
I agree with some of the other posts e.g. CS was in a good mood / last day of work / retiring / thier CEO having more money than Microsoft etc.

You definitely got lucky there OP, so don't get too used to it! Congrats though :) You could put the new table where the damaged one was, and if you know some DIY, you could use the old one as a workbench. Or it could even be a project to try and restore it or modify it somehow so that you can make use out of it again, just in a different place from before.

Great idea but I don't have the space unfortunately! I will heed your advice and continue to manage my heavy handedness going forward :D

Associate
It's probably a combination of you being honest and catching them on a good day.

Plus I'm sure that you are much likely to buy from this company again / recommend them to others so it will probably benefit them in the long run if they treat all customers like this.

Associate
Ordered a new bed frame from there 15 months ago - one of the gas struts snapped, started an online chat - they just issued a full refund and said to dispose of the bed. Feels like it isn't worth their time to do anything different.

Soldato
I bought a corner TV stand from them a couple of years ago and whilst it wasn't damaged, the quality wasn't great.

I messaged them and they gave me a full refund and didn't want to the unit back! I kept till quite recently.

Most likely the cost of arranging a return, re-stocking etc. just don't warrant the hassle of the return PLUS it keeps the customer happy and more likely to purchase again.

Soldato
Very unusual, you must have caught their CS on a good day.
That's not normal, especially for something bought that long ago. You either got lucky with the customer service person you got through to, or the item you bought has an exceptional warranty.

I remember Logitech being this good a few years ago, i think too many people took the mick and they had to stop with being that good

Associate
Definitely not normal, just bought a toy tractor from studio for my lad, the bucket was shattered, rang up moaned, they collected the thing next day and told me I'd have to rebuy it if I wanted it. No apology just a 'guess it's knackered send it back'

Back
Top Bottom