Is this psu any good?

Suspended
cheers, I'll try to get a mate to buy a Seasonic as well (stock PSU inside the Qpack Cube case)

Just annoying I'm going to have to travel to OC, then to another place in Bolton just to pickup the case) edit will this PSU be suitable for a X1800XT? ta

Last edited:
Soldato
squiffy said:
cheers, I'll try to get a mate to buy a Seasonic as well (stock PSU inside the Qpack Cube case)

Just annoying I'm going to have to travel to OC, then to another place in Bolton just to pickup the case) edit will this PSU be suitable for a X1800XT? ta
When you get your new Seasonic PSU from either OCUK or bolton could you tell us if its the new revision with sheathed cables.
Theres a thread here about it, let us know asap.

Me and a few others are waiting to find out before we buy one, or in my case buy another one.

Thanks

Soldato
Energize said:
I bought one on wednesday from another place and it came with sheathing.
Thats good. I'll give it a week or so to be sure i'll get one. Not sure where i'll be ordering it from yet, depends who has the mintor i want for the lowest price.

Suspended
Got one from OC today and no sheathing on the cables, not really bothered anyway. It is quieter than the Liberty, but the Liberty isn't exactly noisy either. I think the Seasonic fan spins 500-700rpm. It does however move less air, but for a HTPC this is ideal. Quite a bit of difference between my two machines, one is a bit louder than a laptop (in fact quieter as the laptop fan is pretty loud when it does spin up)

Soldato
noise aside, the enermax is the best quality psu out the lot of those. with the others they could explode on first power on. :eek:
your your running low on funds then go for a qtec or hiper psu, both are cheapo but you get what you pays for.

Soldato
Cyber-Mav said:
noise aside, the enermax is the best quality psu out the lot of those. with the others they could explode on first power on. :eek:
your your running low on funds then go for a qtec or hiper psu, both are cheapo but you get what you pays for.

I thought the pro version was just the same? But with extra settings

Suspended
Cyber-Mav said:

I hope my Seasonic isn't a POS? :eek: :(

Soldato
Cyber-Mav said:

I highly doubt a seasonic is going to blow up on power on :confused:

And even though theres been a few problems recently with hipers, i dont think you can compare them to qtec :D

Soldato
squiffy said:
Got one from OC today and no sheathing on the cables.
I have a feeling they've put them on this week only to clear the old revision ones.

Don't get me started on Hyper psu's. I would argue that they are almost worse than Q-tec because they pretend to be decent high quality psu's and then blow things up.

Cyber-Mav said:
noise aside, the enermax is the best quality psu out the lot of those. with the others they could explode on first power on.
Your saying all psu's except enermax don't comply with the Atx spec. There are plenty of decent psu's out there and none of them will blow up.

Back
Top Bottom