Is tomorrow a bank holiday?

Soldato
Bank Holiday in England, Wales and NI. For Scotland it seems that some people are treating it like a Bank Holiday and others not. I get Bank Holidays off now (didn't used to) but I am working tomorrow as it's a normal working day.

Soldato
When I was working I hated bank holidays for one reason. I'd say to myself yay a day off I think I'll hit the town and guess what all the blasted shops are closed. Grrr

Whats so good about a day off if you can't go game shopping. :mad:

Associate
*makes a hundred threads asking if the post office is open like people did at Easter*

So what actually closes during bank holidays? Just banks or what?

Associate
Muban said:
For Scotland it seems that some people are treating it like a Bank Holiday and others not.

Yeah seems to be like that here, at least the buses aren't taking this monday. *hates saturday service :p*
There seems to be so many close together at this time and now the next one is in september. :eek:

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
Financial institutions, e.g. banks, building societies, stockmarket, post officies, etc are required to close for business on a bank holiday. Hence its name.

In England and Wales, until quite recently most other concerns closed as well. But gradually, many of these other concerns have decided not to close, as business is good with so many other people being on holiday.

Soldato
I have to work tommorow, and I work for a retail bank...

I was told I dont have a choice, they have to be worked...

It does mean I get an extra day off in the week though...

Soldato
Muban said:
Bank Holiday in England, Wales and NI. For Scotland it seems that some people are treating it like a Bank Holiday and others not. I get Bank Holidays off now (didn't used to) but I am working tomorrow as it's a normal working day.

It is a bank (and public) holiday in Scotland too. I have to work however, boo! :p

Scottish Executive: Bank Holidays

**Edit: Oh, I ge to wear casual clothes also, yay!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom