Is tomorrow a bank holiday?

Soldato
penski said:
I'll be in work, chillin' in jeans and a t shirt, doing bugger all.

Woot.

*n

If that's the case the boys are bringing in the PS2 and having another tourney - feel free to join them, and tell them I said hi because they're still expecting me in! :D

Permabanned
Kell_ee001 said:
If that's the case the boys are bringing in the PS2 and having another tourney - feel free to join them, and tell them I said hi because they're still expecting me in! :D

Why won't you be in, you workshy fop?

*n

Man of Honour
WatchTower said:
When I was working I hated bank holidays for one reason. I'd say to myself yay a day off I think I'll hit the town and guess what all the blasted shops are closed. Grrr

Whats so good about a day off if you can't go game shopping. :mad:

Virtually none of the shops close on bank holiday, many are infact open regular hours.

Suspended
OP
Oh, believe me, I know the havoc a bank holiday can bring upon the unfortunate ... my first job was as a ticket seller at Drayton Manor, and bank holidays were always horrific. My next three jobs were at bars in the surrounding area - and despite enjoying them immensly, bank holidays were obviously our busiest. Now, working as a database administrator for the NHS, I can finally appreciant a bank holiday.

Soldato
Muban said:
Aye, I know it is offcially. Yet most places I know of that are shut for all bank holidays are open for this one. Strange... and no fair :( :p

Scotland does seem to take a laissez faire attitude to public holidays; there never seems to be parity of who's open and working! I'm working too, but hope your work goes as quickly as possible! :)

Permabanned
MasterMike said:
Is tomorrow a bank holiday?

Is Google broken?

Personally I wish there were less bank holidays so I could actually choose when to take the day off, rather than having to take it at the same time as millions of others, and having banks and post offices etc. all shut. Great.

Associate
lol

I only found out that today was a bank holiday yesterday at 5pm.

SOmeone mentioned it at work on Friday and i thought they were kidding, a mate textyed me on sunday asking if i wanted to go out for a beer, I said no as I have work the following morning, and he replied with "I didnt know you worked bank holidays?"

thank god somebody corrected me :p

Back
Top Bottom