Is Virgin media my only option???

Associate
Yes, at the end of each STM period the counter gets reset again.
Plus you get a free hour from 3pm - 4pm, you could get another 3.6GB there so 8.1GB in total without hitting the limits.

Thanks a lot i never received notifications on limits or times and now i know :)

Soldato
No limit at all my mate does stupid amounts on his 50mb line we talking 2tb+ a month he has never had so much as a letter, same when he was on 20meg he did stupid amounts, they offer what they say unlimited downloads but you have to put up with a stm which isn't that bad.

Is it even possible to consume 2TB of media a month? Some quick calcs i did worked it out as even if you watched 1080p x264 24/7 for a month you'd still only use around half that.

Personally 10MB suits me fine, and I average around 150-200GB / month. All the main downloads are on RSS and come down automatically in the off-peak early hours of the morning, and the peak allowance is plenty for day to day web use and patches.

Even when limited 2.5Mb/s is hardly the end of the world.

Associate
OP
bump
another problem arises..been trying to get virgin media 10mb service but because there is already 2 people with broadband accounts with virgin they said my only option is virgin adsl which from what ive been reading about is trash!!!...this is really frustrating me now been almost 2 weeks at my place with no net!!...any help peeps???

Soldato
we just mvoed into a shared flat (student diggs) with no BT land line, you wouldnt believe the trouble we had trying to get a BT line put in (it turns out its nearly impossible cos nobody at BT speaks english) so we just had to give up after 2 motnhs of solid phone arguments, virgin were up and running 10 days after placing the order, not one single mistake and we are very pleaes with our 50mb service!

just avoid BT like the plague!

Amen

Back
Top Bottom