1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

islam and violence...again

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ElRazur, 17 Feb 2006.

1. ElRazur

Capodecina

2. fatiain

Sgarrista

All I can add is :rolleyes:

3. SideWinder

Consigliere

:rolleyes:

4. El Gringo

Mobster

Shall we keep this to the main thread?
    How many people put up the bounties? Three as far as I can read. According to you that constitutes islam in it's entirety.

5. mejinks

Mobster

any excuse for a bit of violence and death

6. ElRazur

Capodecina

That's the point. Why or what right any "man or cleric of god" has to pass fatua or put a bounty on someone over the image of someone they only believe he existed thousands of years ago?

7. Etaqua

Gangster

It was only a matter of time.

If you look at the actual cartoons, you'll probably think this is even more stupid than you already do.

You can find the cartoons somewhere.

To be honest, this whole thing has been taken way too far, and it's hardly surprising these cartoons were drawn.

8. Enfield

Soldato

"If the West can place a bounty on Osama bin Laden and Zawahri we can also announce reward for killing the man who has caused this sacrilege of the holy Prophet"

Funny thing is though...Bin Laden is not made up.

Last edited: 17 Feb 2006
  9. singist

Mobster

As I mentioned before; many people in Pakistan are illiterate in their own language let alone Danish/English or probably even Arabic, plus they have probably not even seen them either.
    So let's get some so called cleric to tell all these simple people how bad these cartoons things are and then they can get on with the killing! yay.

10. ElRazur

Capodecina

11. Nana

Wise Guy

you should see the private eye comments on the cartoons... accurate and succint.

Added to which three of the images people complain about were not drawn bby this danish cartoonist and all this trouble was stirred up by a danish imam... and curiously 4 people from his mosque got arrested for planning terrorist acts just before he went and stirred up a whole load of trouble. Screw all religions.

12. Sirrel Squirrel

Sgarrista

I love that bit that says we can put a bounty on Bin Laden so they can put a bounty of the cartoonist, I've got news for them, the cartoonist hasn't blown up thousands of people

13. ElRazur

Capodecina

You infidel, you cant say that. As a matter of fact just like the Holocaust the 9/11 never happened.!

Im sure iranian president mindset is not too far from that.

Where's the muslim members when you need them

14. Alex_L

Mobster

Doesn't suprise me, as it was the first thing I thought of when I heard about this , especially in light of Salman Rushdie and the satanic verses.

15. James H

PermaBanned

doesn't suprise me anymore, it's what's come to be expected from these people.

16. Weebull

Capodecina

Wait, so in order to stop people wanting to ban something unfairly, you're going to ban something else unfairly instead?

EDIT: Or is that the point of the article? Aha, clever.

DOUBLE EDIT: Jeez that's a tiresome read. So many words for so small a point.

17. ElRazur

Capodecina

Soruce http://www.brusselsjournal.com/node/825

Any muslim out there, willing to say otherwise? The bit about islam encouraging the destruction of other religion sacred stuff is true, i should know i was once a muslim.

18. ElRazur

Capodecina

I said "some valid pints were made"

19. ElRazur

Capodecina

Muslim brothers and sisters please tell me this is so not correct! :rolleyes:

it gets even better

20. cleanbluesky

Capodecina

ElRaz - please dont continue baiting Muslim members here, we have been over things like this before and it doesn't get far... try looking at the ummah forums if you need a fix of Muslim opinion, it will either make you twice as wary or make you laugh until you collapse...

The idea of banning the Koran is terrible, there is no way on earth that the book shouldn't be allowed. Sends completely the wrong message.

TBH, this news shows how their members are lacking faith if they have to tempt them to do their supposed "Islamic duty" with money...