islam and violence...again

Soldato
OP
zain said:
Not a very learned muslim are you. Wow you changed from muslim to non muslim? Rare thing. Islam clearly states peace between religions, islamic history (if you learnt it) will show that many faiths existed peacefully together. Remember, the people are flawed in their beliefs and the way that they act, not the religion.

I just see this thread as another shot at muslims and for people to show their hatred, the very same people make up excuses when muslims are the victims from non muslims - pathetic.

Haa, there you go. What makes you think i wasnt a learned muslim? Let me guess because i stated the obvious fact with references back to my home country etc or the fact that you find it hard to accept the truth?

I changed from Muslim to non-muslim and you think that is a rare thing? How short-sighted you are, I know at least three people in the uk and Hundreds more back home. I guess it is not "acceptable" to change fromo a muslim to a non-muslin in your views right :rolleyes: Another excellent display of what quran teaches - intolerance. I bet you, you wont even accept a "Gay muslim" exist as they are considered unclean...enough said.

This thread wasnt a shot at muslims more like a shot at what you and those imbecile do best - cause havoc and repress freedom of expression, embrace violence, intolerance and yet make tge claim of how peaceful islam is! I just didnt tittled this thread "ISLAM AND VIOLENCE....AGAIN" for nothing.

Over the weekends protest spread to Nigeria and churches were once again burnt down by ...well you guessed it MUSLIM! on top of that, 16 NON-MUSLIM killed. Waow, how many more? how long will all these stupidity takes?
Recent poll (over weekend just gone or so) by iirc a newspaper here shows "40% of Muslim support/sympathise the cause of the 7/7 bombers" there you go. All evidence shows your faith to embrance violence period. If you are too blind to see the colours of the rainbow your violent faith is making, at least you can smell the coffee of intolerance it is brewing.

Soldato
e36Adz said:

You didn't answer my question, you just used a lot of words to say (and I paraphrase) 'I believe Islam is the truth' but then again, you're a Muslim so you have to really. You didn't even explain why you believe in any of it, I wonder if you are aware of why you believe in it other than reflex...

I don't have time to give your link a thorough look because I am at work, but I will later. In the meantime perhaps you could answer my questions ...

Soldato
As a side note my borther in law is a reasonably strict Muslim, and his views on it are to shrug his shoulders, pout a little and say "Its just a cartoon".

Just because you're a Muslim, doesn't mean you'll go nuts over a silly drawing. Its a very small proportion of Muslims who are protesting over this, the majority of them couldnt give a toss.

ElRazur said:
"40% of Muslim support/sympathise the cause of the 7/7 bombers"

Now that is just a load of bull****. No-one likes gross murder, except for a small percentage of complete nutcases.

Last edited:
Soldato
Le_Petit_Lapin said:
Now that is just a load of bull****. No-one likes gross murder, except for a small percentage of complete nutcases.

1) Just because you want something to be bull, doesn't neccessarily make it so. Merely saying what you think isn't an effective argument, unless backed with reasoning.

2) Suggesting that such people are 'nutcases' diminishes the reponsibility for such acts - while such an idea would be fantastic because we could then say something as facile as "terrorism just happens" its surprising just how much of it happens around Muslims.

Islamic politics have no boundaries and considers nothing beyond their remit. In the current climate either we are gonna live under whichever rules we want, or we will have to live under their rules. I know which I would prefer

Soldato
asim said:
I think religion was suppose to bring people together and help them appreciate life and what God gave them. (Although now it does cause a lot of conflict). If a person does not follow a religion but still can appreciate life and his fellow man then I think there is a place for him in heaven too.

From what I have read, 'religion' has been very different - it was once an integrated system of knowledge and psychological wellbeing... the details are scant but if you examine Aincient Egyptian attitudes you will find that their science, astronomy and psychology was all rolled into their religion.

In most way I would say that the positive effects that most religions share are interchangable - I have seen very decent Muslims, Christians, Jews and other - people who have made religion work for them. I think that the positive parts are interchangable, and of equal worth - a person who is made confident and humble by their religious beliefs is very similar no-matter what religion they have chosen.
I think that religion is personally a great thing, but when people of various religions get together in groups and trying to push their policies onto others is when the trouble begins. The fact that our government has allowed the political organisations within Islam to settle in this country (as far as Europe goes, we are the most tolerant of such religious political organisations and we have many of them in London) as it feels like are tolerating attitudes that can push back the clock to the darkest time in our country. The same goes for Scientology, although I feel their footprint is not as significant yet.

One interesting example of this wont be apparent to many of us who live here. Take the word 'heathen' for example - say this to a Christian and they will think it means someone who doesn't believe in God. It mean three things :-

1) Someone who doesn't believe in God
2) Someone who lives in the country
3) A Pagan

The reason it means all these things is because through a campaign of violence the Christians managed to push all the Pagans into the countryside a long time ago. There is evidence of some extremely horrible and savage things done by Christians to the people who attitudes they disagreed with in an attempt to push the agenda of their religion.
Terrorism on this scale isn't as bad as what happened at that point in history, but given the history we have of that in Europe - I have a venal dislike for any government that would even allow the beginnings of a militant or political religious organisation within our country.

Permabanned
Regarding the survey: 20% expressed sympathy for the terrorists "feelings and motives." 99% condemned the attacks. Just cos you sympathise with aspects of someones political agenda. It does not follow that you agree with their actions based on those shared beliefs.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Sleepy said:
Quite, unlike a certain group I don't throw my teddy out of the pram when others say things I find upsetting.[/smug]

True and like you i dont throw my toys out of the pram when others say something upsetting about my faith/religion, if anything i just find it quite amusing:p. After all everyone is entitled to their opinion about certain things....

Soldato
Spawn said:
True and like you i dont throw my toys out of the pram when others say something upsetting about my faith/religion, if anything i just find it quite amusing:p. After all everyone is entitled to their opinion about certain things....

Are we talking about the same person here - at first you behaviour when you find something that you disagree with irritated me - but now at least I realise that you say what you think all the time even if its a bit trite, but at least its better than pretending I suppose

Permabanned
Mik3 said:
Did you come to that conculsion yourself, or was you told to think that?

Islam was "created" by Mohammed (pbuh), He is our Prophet, so if someone does something against him, it will hurt us, kinda like if i hit a stranger you wouldnt give a toss yet if i hit one of your family, i doubt you would stand there and watch!

Dingo said:

"After the sack of the temples in Orissa, Firoz Shah Tughlaq attacked an island on the sea-coast where "nearly 100,000 men of Jajnagar had taken refuge with their women, children, kinsmen and relations". The swordsmen of Islam turned "the island into a basin of blood by the massacre of the unbelievers". "

"In 1195 AD the Mher tribe of Ajmer rose in revolt, and the Chaulukyas of Gujarat came to their assistance. Aibak had to invite reinforcements from Ghazni before he could meet the challenge. In 1196 AD he advanced against Anahilwar Patan, the capital of Gujarat. Nizami writes that after Raja Karan was defeated and forced to flee, "fifty thousand infidels were dispatched to hell by the sword" and "more than twenty thousand slaves, and cattle beyond all calculation fell into the hands of the victors"."

"After Muhammad died, many people who had converted to Islam by force imagined freedom. They thought that Islamic leadership would be distracted with trying to establish a new authority, so they began to abandon Islam. However, Abu Bakr [UBAW ker"), one of Muhammad's closest friends, was quickly recognized as successor. He spent the first three months of his authority killing those who had tried to leave Islam—eighty thousand people. This is how Abu Bakr followed the example of Muhammad"

...!.

all these facts where have you learnt them? any evidence?

Dingo said:

The Koran also enjoins all Muslims to fight and kill non-believers:(xlvii.4): "When you meet the unbelievers, strike off their heads; then when you have made wide slaughter among them, carefully tie up the remaining captives."

i guess these words that i and e36adz have reiterated doesnt mean anything to you:

1. read the whole chapter/surrouding verses
2. some of the Verses are for people of that time

can i just tell you to learn and understand Quran you DO NOT pick up the translation! you have to know the whole background, ie when and where each verse was revealed and the situation of that time etc... then you will know which verse is applicable to these times and which for that time only! and this takes years! if you want to disrepute Islam, i suggest you better start now and once you have done this come back.. but then i suppose you wouldnt have time to do this..

e36Adz said:
100% true.

Im gonna try and make this simple, so that everyone can understand it. I...ie down and die, they wont, and they never will as long as their hearts are beating.
i agree, i have always been taught that Prophet (pbuh) was all peaceful and that and so have my brothers and family.. so i have no idea how people came up with what they did without even researching anything.

LordSplodge said:
You are correct in so much as one culture is not always equal to the other. However, any culture is bound by the laws of the land. So if you live in the United Kingdom you are bound by her laws.

In this country we have freedom of speach - an essential tenament of a modern civilization and the same rules that let the Muslim protestors wave those banners.

The sword of free speach cuts both ways and perhaps people should have checked what Islam feels about drawing the prophet. They could have avoided this by not publishing but they chose to do so and are protected by law.

These civil liberties are an essential part of society and are needed for the future of mankind. We cannot live in either an Orwellian Police State or under Islamic law because both lead to the opression of basic human rights.

However, most Muslims are capable of living under the laws in the country they live in. I know a lot of Muslims and Islam is a religion of peace no matter what some non-muslims and some muslim extremists say.

how long will you keep on going about freedom of speech? its my freedom of speech to call blacks ******* and whatever else but i cant/wont because it will get me in trouble with the law and i will be branded a racist, and since when has someone been labelled a bad thing by exercising their freedom of speech. theres a limit of it.

i agree though that we should respect the land of the law BUT then that doesnt stop us from demonstrating?

cleanbluesky said:
And if we cannot draw what we wish about your prophet - what YOU want will be in our heads.

Now whose idea should take precidence?

The only difference is that you may also put forward your idea under our system, whereas you wish us NOT to have ideas you disapprove of...
how does that work? so if you dont draw you cannot visualise? actually we cannot force our ideas of something in your head, my idea is that He (pbuh) was peaceful yet some people have come in here saying He wasnt and clearly no help was needed in the form of picture.

ElRazur said:
I dont necessarily agrre with you there, im from Nigeria and i have withnessed these things first hand. There's no need to make false claims, if i dont know what anything i will rather keep my mouth shut. Those quotations are what the explanations of the teachings of Prophet Muhammed (s.a.w) represents. His teachings are of war and when i say war i am not talking the "good vs evil war" rather war against non-believer.
Prophet Muhammed (s.aw) unlike Jesus Christ never preached in parables i.e "when slapped on your right cheek turn the left one" he's (s.a.w) more like word for word. Bow arrows, sword (his favourite) and Horse to spread the word of God.
actually we Believe that Islam is just a little modified version of christianity and Jewism. He never taught that, and i have never ever been taught to kill someone or anything you have said, This post and others like it show how misguided you really are. Yes Islam talks about punishments, but then what do you expect to happen to you when you dont follow it? its a bit like saying i am not gonna follow the law of this land and then not expect to land in jail (well i know nowadays you hardly go in jail ;) but then thats democracy for you)

Soldato
Freak_boy said:
1. read the whole chapter/surrouding verses
2. some of the Verses are for people of that time

This is an interesting idea. As we've said before, there are snippets in the Koran about killing Jews etc... that would probably be a lot less bloodthirsy if taken in context. The interesting part of that is that many Christian preachers use single snippets when preaching, if this is the case in Islam I can certainly see how Islam might be causative in a lot of hatred - whether this was justified or not.

how long will you keep on going about freedom of speech? its my freedom of speech to call blacks ******* and whatever else but i cant/wont because it will get me in trouble with the law and i will be branded a racist, and since when has someone been labelled a bad thing by exercising their freedom of speech. theres a limit of it.

There is no limit. That's the beatuy of it. Think 1984 if you want to see a world with limits.

how does that work? so if you dont draw you cannot visualise? actually we cannot force our ideas of something in your head, my idea is that He (pbuh) was peaceful yet some people have come in here saying He wasnt and clearly no help was needed in the form of picture.

What's the difference between saying he wasn't peacful and drawing a satirical cartoon depicting this fact?

'If thought can corrupt language then language can corrupt thought' (paraphrased from Orwell) is how that works. When we express ourselves it helps us to understand...

Associate
My opinion of islam is changing.

First the protests, then the mindless violence and now 40% of Muslims surveyed want sharia law

I would have thought that killing 2,000 + people in the name of Islam was more offensive to muslim than a few cartoons, obviously i was wrong

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Freak_boy said:
actually we Believe that Islam is just a little modified version of christianity and Jewism. He never taught that, and i have never ever been taught to kill someone or anything you have said, This post and others like it show how misguided you really are. Yes Islam talks about punishments, but then what do you expect to happen to you when you dont follow it? its a bit like saying i am not gonna follow the law of this land and then not expect to land in jail (well i know nowadays you hardly go in jail ;) but then thats democracy for you)

Why is it so hard to accept these things. I am not taking lines out and using them as i wish but the message the WHOLE chapter is giving out is what im talking about. One statement commonly made by those who are into Religion study is this "Each and everyone understanding of the holy books is slightly different but we all get the message it is kicking out".

Back
Top Bottom