Islam and violence

Associate
Balddog said:
Wow...I never thought id hear that from you of all people.
I genuinely despise all forms of conflict and violence. Islam, just like neo conservative christianity promotes hatred and violence, encourages a theocratic belief and code of laws, which is in turn ignorant and dogmatic and as such offends me.

I don't just abhor the current administrations in our country and the U.S. - I abhor extreme Islam just as much. It's just the vile acts carried out in Iraq at the moment, are being carried out in my name, and I've have to a tiny extent paid for our invasion.. whereas Islamic extremism is at least not perpetrated by poeple elected by our populace and is not funded by our taxes so it doesn't make me feel quite as angered - on reflection thats not very eloquent, I think extreme Islam is as bad if not worse than neo conservatism and far right christianity and makes me angry, but it is not representing me falsely - which angers me more.

I'm still not sure if thats clear.

Last edited:
Associate
Balddog said:
Wow...I never thought id hear that from you of all people.
yeah.. I've been accused of actually being a muslim on these boards by some of your more right wing members... quite offensive to a nihilistic atheist tbh. To me being a devout muslim requires as much ignorance and stupidity as being a devout catholic or christian... they are all mad and thats not an opinion, thats a fact.

Last edited:

Nix

Nix

Soldato
You've got some very strong views Nana, although this time, I'm swayed to agree with you. No I wasn't poo stirring either, was just playing around hence the girly "hehe"

Permabanned
Nana said:
yeah.. I've been accused of actually being a muslim on these boards by some of your more right wing members... quite offensive to a nihilistic atheist tbh. To me being a devout muslim requires as much ignorance and stupidity as being a devout catholic or christian... they are all mad and thats not an opinion, thats a fact.

to be a devout muslim you would have to pray to GOD for almost every waking hour, disconnect yourself from this world! so tell me how that would make devout person a terrorist or whatever have you?

Nana said:
I genuinely despise all forms of conflict and violence. Islam, just like neo conservative christianity promotes hatred and violence, encourages a theocratic belief and code of laws, which is in turn ignorant and dogmatic and as such offends me.

I don't just abhor the current administrations in our country and the U.S. - I abhor extreme Islam just as much. It's just the vile acts carried out in Iraq at the moment, are being carried out in my name, and I've have to a tiny extent paid for our invasion.. whereas Islamic extremism is at least not perpetrated by poeple elected by our populace and is not funded by our taxes so it doesn't make me feel quite as angered - on reflection thats not very eloquent, I think extreme Islam is as bad if not worse than neo conservatism and far right christianity and makes me angry, but it is not representing me falsely - which angers me more.

I'm still not sure if thats clear.
just because the people are bad doesnt mean the religion is bad! muslims are so bad now that they fight amongst themselves, so do you think they would spare non-muslims /sarcasm. as i said before these muslims should learn the proper Islam, and while they are at it, maybe you should stop reading the news and research Islam.

ElRazur said:
In reality, that is a result of Cultural belief being mixed with religion. I totally agree with you but i though i should makle things clear. Bible/christainity dont teach sacrisfising one's child. Where it happened in the old testament, it wasto teat abraham's faith (i think his name his Abraham) but then God told him to use a Ram instead.

Anyway, some churches has been reported to do it but according to the teachings of the bible, you dont sacrifice a human unto god

your point being? muslims dont sacrifice people for God? God didnt tell him to use a ram, He was blindfolded and when he made the cut and opened His eyes, He saw a ram (or whichever animal) there.

Nix

Nix

Soldato
Freak_Boy said:
just because the people are bad doesnt mean the religion is bad! muslims are so bad now that they fight amongst themselves, so do you think they would spare non-muslims /sarcasm. as i said before these muslims should learn the proper Islam, and while they are at it, maybe you should stop reading the news and research Islam.

Or alternatively, people could see the sense that religion is a load of rubbish. No one needs religion, especially such arcaic ones with stupid laws. If people want to find God, Allah or whatever they choose to call him, then they can do it without religion. If Allah exists, I doubt he really wants humanity spending their whole waking moments singing his praises - that's a very shallow God TBH.

Soldato
I think the only reason we are seeing violence with Islam is because Islam currently encompasses a political ideology, one that its followers cannot question.

There is nothing wrong with 90% of Islam teachings, many of which are positive and can offer spiritual insight - but politics and law should be decided by men, not an anachronistic book.

Soldato
Nana said:
Islam is an archaic and intolerant faith, based on dogma and violence, fear and hatred.

in your opinion, so just shows how much you know.

christianity does not promote violence, fear and hatred but if you lived at the time of the crusades you'd think otherwise.

Last edited:
Soldato
Islam is evil. There's no need for it. Muslims supposedly worship the same god as Jews and Christians so why not dispense with everything other than a love of god?

My mother is god-fearing, but she's not a practising christian. She hates hymns and prayers, thinks most of the bible is made-up rubbish, but is almost saintly in her morality. If your going to be a believer, I believe that the kind my ol' ma represents is the best. There's no need for any paraphernalia, customs, dress codes or such crap.

Soldato
"behead those who insult islam"

well isnt that just hipocritical.

if i went to the middle east and walked around with a banner saying "behead those who insult christianity"... i think id have a good chance of being killed myself.

freespeech must work both ways, i couldnt say i want to slap the people who walked around saying behead people who insult islam without some equal rights tree hugger breathing down my neck

Associate
Phantom said:
in your opinion, so just shows how much you know.

christianity does not promote violence, fear and hatred .
ok.. I'm entitled to my opinion, and you are entitled to disagree...

and

oh contraire, christianity - thou shalt have no other god but me, promotes hatred and violence and intolerance. Again, jmo.

Associate
Freak_boy said:
to be a devout muslim you would have to pray to GOD for almost every waking hour, disconnect yourself from this world! so tell me how that would make devout person a terrorist or whatever have you?
are you suggesting that muslim martyrs/western terrorists are not devout? I'm sure they would consider themselves devout.

unfortunately the poeple and followers are representative of the teachings, so every muslim is an ambassador for his religion, meaning that suicide bombers represent muslims as much as UK troops in Iraq represent me.
Muslims burning down foriegn embassies represent the whole faith, whether or not the majority approve.

your point being? muslims dont sacrifice people for God? God didnt tell him to use a ram, He was blindfolded and when he made the cut and opened His eyes, He saw a ram (or whichever animal) there.
rofl... the bible/koran/holy book or "history" is a totally human political construct and as such has utterly no relevance to modern life, modern events, or this discussion.

Suspended
Old Testament christianity is proper brutal stuff - "god fearing" in every sense of the word - its only when they had a PR rethink 2000 years ago that the image was changed - so who's right :confused:

Nix

Nix

Soldato
No one is right - it's all wrong, it's all made up. The sooner people realise that, the sooner we can stop bickering like school children. People can still believe what they want but they don't need to follow propoganda to do it.

Man of Honour
Heres one of the major differences between Muslims and Christians.

When Bush & Blair decided to go and bomb the hell out of Iraq, people took to the streets in their 100's and 1000's and it still goes on today. There are white groups set up all over the world campaigning about our treatment of Iraqi's.
I'd like to know where all the Muslim groups are that campaign against their own extremist Muslims and go banging on doors?
Apart from the odd 'Muslim leader' who says we don't condone it there are no Muslims putting their lives on the line to try and stop it. Instead they all let the extremists walk all over them and turn a blind eye.
If the Muslims on here are so against it and apalled by 9/11 and 7/7 and all the other terrorist acts then get out there and go and tell the extremists what you think of them.
This is what millions of whites are doing by protesting against their governments actions.
Or perhaps the real reason is that you all live in such fear of your religion that you daren't.

Soldato
OP
Nix said:
You're not telling me your faith was shattered because of a thread are you? Or are you just saying you decided this before posting?

Okay mate, stay safe.

Nah, Bruv. I stopped believing in God since way back in Nigeria. I guess i didnt make myself clear enough. This things/happening around us only reinforces what i believe - No God period.

Nix

Nix

Soldato
Well the only thing worth believing in a God is so that death is not the final goodbye. But religion got us on that one too.

"If you don't believe - you'll goto Hell."

Back
Top Bottom