Islamaphobia Legislation (UK)

Soldato
I still feel there’s a not small minority who look at brown people in their cultural dress and use Islam as a front loader for their bigotry.

I still feel there's a not small minority who look at genuine criticism of Islam and claim racism as a front loader for their bigotry.

Associate
Anyone who thinks this legal definition is a good thing should take the substitution test and see if their opinion still holds.

Anyone who is negative towards a Christian or any culture or value of christianess should be treated automatically as racist.

Anyone who is negative towards Scientologists or his hostile or critical towards any behaviours or customs of Scientologists should be treated automatically as racist.

Permabanned
It's only going to get worse, the media do their best to protect Islam and the perception of Muslims as a whole but it's not working, eventually things will turn very nasty, Brexit is just the start. :(

Caporegime
I can only assume that the people running today's media are the indoctrinated media grads who spent their formative years listening to left-wing lecturers and their propaganda.

Soldato
How would this legislation deal with the current ongoing LGBT awareness curriculum that is causing grief for all concerned in Birmingham atm?

All religions seem to have an issue with it, but if it's deemed Islamaphobic to be negative about their approach to this curriculum then where does that leave us as a society?

Soldato
Anyone who thinks this legal definition is a good thing should take the substitution test and see if their opinion still holds.

Anyone who is negative towards a Christian or any culture or value of christianess should be treated automatically as racist.

Anyone who is negative towards Scientologists or his hostile or critical towards any behaviours or customs of Scientologists should be treated automatically as racist.

im going to intentionally miss your point but that wouldnt really effect the people here, there arent a group of people who make threads bashing christians every other day.

Soldato
im going to intentionally miss your point but that wouldnt really effect the people here, there arent a group of people who make threads bashing christians every other day.

No one is doing that with Muslims either, people bash the ideology of Islam, quite rightly so too.

Soldato
I still feel there’s a not small minority who look at brown people in their cultural dress and use Islam as a front loader for their bigotry. It doesn’t need to be accurate, cause they don’t care.

Hindus and Sikhs seem to get along in this country fantastically well. They intergrate and make great neighbours. I know myself and a vast majorty of people have absolutely no problems with them.

Associate
How would this legislation deal with the current ongoing LGBT awareness curriculum that is causing grief for all concerned in Birmingham atm?

All religions seem to have an issue with it, but if it's deemed Islamaphobic to be negative about their approach to this curriculum then where does that leave us as a society?

In practical application the persons/groups who was advocating LGBTQ issues would be ok unless committing an offence. The Islamohobia definition seeks to label somebody as racist. In law being racist isn't an offence, only actual crimes can be racially aggravated.

This is a prime example of the oft quoted intersectionality wars. It's being racist Vs homophobic, who wins in that fight.

But that's assuming that people only have issue with this definition because it's about Islam. The only other thing like this is the anti-Semitism definition and that also got wide ranging ire.

Soldato
Hindus and Sikhs seem to get along in this country fantastically well. They intergrate and make great neighbours. I know myself and a vast majorty of people have absolutely no problems with them.

Indeed. If your average CoE Brit was half as well behaved and productive as your average Hindu or Sikh Brit, the UK would be a far better place.

Man of Honour
Citation for this borderline racist comment?

Indeed!

Indeed. If your average CoE Brit was half as well behaved and productive as your average Hindu or Sikh Brit, the UK would be a far better place.

Let me turn that statement around for you and see whether it now seems racist...

Indeed. If your average Hindu or Sikh Brit Brit was half as well behaved and productive as your average CoE Brit, the UK would be a far better place.

Back
Top Bottom