1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ISP for Gaming. ADSL only

Discussion in 'Networks & Internet Connectivity' started by [Duff]Chef, 19 Oct 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. [Duff]Chef

Gangster

I am in need of finding a new ISP for gaming.

Currently I use IDNET but have been constantly pinging 120+ on week nights when playing for the last 2 weeks. Used to ping about 45-50. IDNET cannot provide a reasoning behind it. So looks like it might be time to change.

Can anyone recommend a new ISP specifically for low pings.

Location is PE31 - Hillington Exchange.

Many Thanks,

Chef

2. Dreadhead

Gangster

I ping 6 - 20 ish on most English TF2 servers, I am on Be with fastpath enabled, I am also 150 meters from the exchange. :D

3. rpstewart

Man of Honour

No point in recommending Be when the OP has no LLU options at his exchange

4. wij

Wise Guy

If you don't need a high data allowance (and if it's just for mostly gaming and the odd patch) then Zen would be my choice.

5. bifday2k

Mobster

I would suggest skys normal connection, not the LLU, as ofcourse no LLU available.

The reason i suggest sky is that even on there normal package they will offer to reduce your delays if you are a gamer, take alook over at skyuser.co.uk.

They don't advertise this but will do it if you call them, worth a look at in my opinion.

6. Columbo

Sgarrista

Indeed as Above Zen would probably be my choice for simply gaming. Their low usage allowance forced me to move away though, but Ive never had pings lower than when I was connected via them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.